I'm at my wits end...BEDTIME saga!

My 2.5 year old boy is just a holy TERROR at bedtime. He screams and yells, kicks, and even sometimes bites! It's the same nasty routine EVERY night! I'm a recent single mom and HATE HATE HATE bedtime, ESPECIALLY hate the fact that my ex always RUBS it in that he has "no problems with bedtime." He says "time for bed" and he's in bed and asleep!

I haven't changed his bedtime routine so it's not that that is throwing him off he's just TERRIBLE! I don't know what to do!!!!!!

EBeauty03

Asked by EBeauty03 at 10:14 PM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Im sorry to here that my sister has the same problem with her son and he's to . Recently everyone I know have been on this CRY IT OUT method . What I 've been told kiss him good night lay him in the bed and lights out to cry it out . If it works for my nephew then I think any one can do this he is about the same at bedtime .

btw only anonymously because she has a page on here too .......
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry to hear that you're going through this... I would like to caution you to take what your baby's father says with a grain of salt. My son's father used to be that way with me, and I later found out that he would just let our son stay up until he fell asleep. (Note: I am not suggesting this is your case, just letting you know all may not be so 'perfect' over there either.)

Try to get a bedtime routine, if you don't already. Since your son is old enough to have honey, you could try about 1/2 teaspoon - given half an hour before bedtime (on bread makes a nice bedtime snack)... honey acts as a sedative, and once I had discovered this little trick my son would go right off to sleep. You might also want to consider changing your little man's bedtime - if at all possible... his internal clock might need a little later...or even earlier bed time.

Just some thoughts.
    Good luck.
    J1nx

Answer by J1nx at 2:18 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• He HAS a bedtime routine, it's the same routine we've had for a while now so thing should be surprising for him, it's not new. Also, if I move his bedtime back, even 15 minutes he wakes up earlier in the morning...the later he goes to bed the earlier he wakes up, that doesn't give me many options.

P.S. I KNOW Jerimiah goes to bed easy for his Dad, he ALWAYS has, even when we were married and I was having a rough night getting him to bed, Daddy would come take over and he'd be asleep 10 minutes later.
    EBeauty03

Answer by EBeauty03 at 9:27 AM on Dec. 21, 2009