Nightmares during pregnacy? help!

I'm having seriously ODD.. OFF THE WALL.. types of nightmares.. EVERYNIGHT.. since 5 weeks preg. I'm now a few days shy of 12 weeks and i'm still having horrible nightmares. I've even kicked the crap out of my husband in my sleep.

I wake up from sleeping 8-9 hours.. and feeling like I only slept 2-3 hours.

I don't know what to do. Is this normal? I had a few nightmares during my previous pregnacies.. but NOTHING like this. I can't stand it! :(
Any advice? if Any.
More for support... maybe i'm not alone?

ramzmomma

Asked by ramzmomma at 10:48 PM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No you are not alone, I am not sure what you can do about them but talk to your Dr. I had terrible dreams and many I still remember today, they will forever be burned in my memory. Just remember they are just dreams. Maybe a body pillow will help separate you and hubby to help protect him LOL.. Hang in there mom!!!!
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:52 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Sounds normal to me. Dreams that early can be very strange and usually settle down from the weird factor as your pregnancy progresses. I have always had weird sexual dreams in the first trimester. Towards the end they will turn more into dreams about babies, family past and present. I find in the second trimester a lot of my dreams are about my husband leaving me, or about ex boyfriends. These are perfectly normal to. It is just your minds way of dealing with emotions that you wouldnt normal focus on while awake.

As for the lethargic feeling that is normal too and will pass once you get into your second trimester. Remember that every pregnancy is different and your mind and body reacts differently each time.
    MamaCass05

Answer by MamaCass05 at 10:54 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I'm there with you. I'm in my second trimester and most are about my boyfriend leaving me. I wake up P!SSED at him. The other night I woke him up at 3 am to ask if I was mad at him or if it was a dream. I think a lot of it is just the insecurity and uncertainty with being pregnant. Hope yours is as tolerant as mine! He just laughs and says go back to sleep, it was just a dream.
    jenwmuot

Answer by jenwmuot at 10:57 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• im there with you i had a dream night before last of having twins and one twin made it the other was all in peices i had them at 23 weeks in my dreams i woke up scared to death
    Anonymous

• Yes,as funny as this sounds i had a dream i gave birth to baby bats that over took the delivery room chasing the nurses and doctors away so i was left alone by myself all scared that something would happen and nobody would be there...so your not alone we all have odd fears of something going on since we will soon be watching over the care of a little person for the next years to come.I told my husband and he joked should i be concerned...lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I think it's normal... Just your brain dealing with whatever concerns you may have. I'm usually pretty independant but I remember feeling very vulnerable when I was pregnant. I had one dream that there was a serial killer loose, and I was walking alone through a huge empty parking lot at night when some guy started walking towards me My heart was pounding and I started trying to get to my car quicker than he could get to me... i remember fumbling with my keys. The feeling of fear was so real. Uhg!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• let me know if you find a 'cure'. my nightmares are off the wall, but also very VERY scary. this last dream i had was jason chasing a group of us. i watched as he killed other people in very horrible ways. i'm terrified to go back to sleep after those dreams. my dreams are VERY graphic.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 2:44 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I had a dream last night that my hubby cheated on me n gave me like 4 stds I woke up PISSED. I rolled over woke him up & asked him. he was like "are you seroius? omg baby go back to sleep." so I did. BUT THEN I had another dream that his ex came to visit him ( he left her for me) & all he wanted to do was talk to her. Of course he was firlitng and everything. well this morning when he gave me my morning kiss so he could go to work. He asked if I was mad at him. I told him about it. He just shook his head & said when is May gonna be here? We laughed about it. I know he'd never cheat or leave me. I guess I just know I have a great man & scared of losing him. Weird dreams & stuff are normal. Try just TALKING to your hubby you'll work it out! Dreams are what we feel & can't express! GL
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 9:27 AM on Dec. 21, 2009