Are you ready for a new group?

I was wanting to create my own group and one of my ideas are to discuss some religions that aren't really discussed here on Cafe Mom. Some of the religions that I want to highlight are:
Buddhism
Hinduism
Islam
Jainism
Judaism (also Jewish mysticism such as the Qabalah)
Mormonism
New Thought
Paganism/Neopaganism
Rastafari
Scientology
Shinto
Sikhism
Stoicism
Taoism
Vodoon
Wicca
Zoroastrianism

I would also like to discuss the occult and metaphysics at great length.

Zadia

Asked by Zadia at 10:50 PM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• for me personally only wicca, paganism, Shammanism
    Anonymous

• What I was thinking is to make each religion its own tab so whoever is interested in a particular religion can go to that particular tab. Or whoever is interested in all of them can visit all of them.
    Zadia

Answer by Zadia at 11:02 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Honey,

There are already several groups like that here on CM.

Anonymous

• Unorganized Religion is a group that pretty muc does everything you are wanting to do. I would advise you to check it out
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:40 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Another group that does this is "End Religious Intolerance and Injustice"
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:41 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Whoops that should be "Intolerance and Ignorance"
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:42 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I'm joining unorganized religion right now. thanks for letting me know about it. This sounds great. i guess I was being too specific in my search. I will check out Intolerance and Ignorance as well. Thank you thank you thank you.
    Zadia

Answer by Zadia at 11:45 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Ok after joining the group I have come to find out that it is a group created by christians. And a lot of christians come in there and apparently have been raising hell. I want a group that doesn't allow christians. They have so many groups on here. We need a group that talks about everything BUT christianity.
    Zadia

Answer by Zadia at 12:27 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Zadia- i say make your own grp. dont see why you have to join another grp that isnt what you need or want. Or you can always go to www.paganspace.net. way better then cafemom and im on there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I will check out paganspace.net even though I'm not pagan. I have also joined Intolerance and Ignorance and it is basically everything that I wanted to create. Looks like the person who created it was going by the examples shown on the same exact website that I found all of the religious examples. Pretty cool!!!
    Thanks for info though. Maybe I'll see ya in there.
    Zadia

Answer by Zadia at 1:01 AM on Dec. 21, 2009