Question for Pro-Choice Moms

If scientists were able to isolate a gene or group of genes that were able to predict that a baby was going to be homosexual would you support the mother's right to abort that baby on the basis of it being homosexual?

*I am not saying that I would support that but I'm curious as to how pro-choicers would feel about this. Please let's keep this mature.*

miriamz

Asked by miriamz at 10:56 PM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think that borders more towards a hate act then anything and no it shouldn't be supported. There is a large difference between ended a pregnancy in stage 1 or because of some major birth issues and homo sexuality.

Why not millions of Down Syndrome children are murdered in the womb simply because they have Downs Syndrome. How is homosexuality any different. Murdering a baby because they are not perfect is considered a good reason for an abortion. I would think the Anti Life crowd would be for it since it is about the mothers choice and nothing else.
    Anonymous

• I don't think being homosexual is genectic. I think it is a lifestyle and a choice.
    MamaCass05

Answer by MamaCass05 at 10:58 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

Anonymous

• YES, I would! Regardless of the reason, it is still the mothers choice only! Personally though, I would not do this.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:02 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Im with both pp's
    mmtosam06

Answer by mmtosam06 at 11:03 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• It's still a mother's choice. No matter her reason, it's her CHOICE.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 11:10 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• 85 - 90% of pregnant woman diagnosed with what my son has choose to abort. My son is an enhancement to my life, people like him are actors, get married, drive cars, write books, ect ect. People like my son are an enhancement. My son also has mental retardation. Infants with my son's genetic abnormality are aborted now. Take a pregnant woman carrying a homosexual child. This child will love her, may grow up to find the cure for cancer, be a policeman, doctor, archietect. Houston just elected an openly gay female mayor, with her partner at her side. President Obama called to congradulate her on the win. A mother that would abort great human potential because of what a grown child chooses to do privately behind closed doors is not much of a mother.
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 11:22 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Homosexuality is not a defect.
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 11:24 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Homosexuality is a CHOICE, not a genetic indicator.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:31 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

______
    Don't say that to Gay people!

Simon Levay, a neurologist, theorized that the hypothalamus of the brain is smaller in homosexual men than in heterosexual men. Levay conducted his study on cadavers. He discovered that different brain formations can cause someone to be homosexual.
    ______
    Homosexuality is not a defect.
    ______
    Who was the one to declare Downs was? How do we know for sure that Downs isn't a form of evolution?
    _____________________________
    The point being any pro-choice person saying they are against them aborting a child because of being Gay yet not for just the inconvenience of being a mother would be hypocritical. So the OP put two causes most liberal people are very passionate about to bait you into being hypocritical. The mistake OP: is they will recant the "its not a choice" to discredit you saying its genetic. So prepare to not get many replies.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 11:55 PM on Dec. 20, 2009