I want to tell my unborn baby's father about my pregnancy. We broke up about 3 months ago and he knew I was pregnant. But the breakup was terrible and the last thing he said if i keep to let him know when im expecting and stuff. i found out this past week im having a boy a son. im not expecting anything in particular from him because I dont want to get my hopes up. How should I tell him? I don't want to keep the baby away from him because of our differences now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• He stated that he wanted to know despite the break up so it's only fair to tell him that you're having a boy and when you're due. Remember that it's not about you and him, it's about your baby and his relationship with BOTH his parents. If you ever go to court it will look better on you if you allow him to have access to the child, it would look worse if he was trying and you weren't letting him. Be smart file for child support, if you feel you should even go for visitiation but let at least give him the option of having a relationship with his soon to be son.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 11:02 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I agree with the above poster. Even if you and him aren't on the best of terms, he deserves to know. Specially if he asks to know, he stepped up there. You should let him know that it's a boy, and when you're due. Good luck, and congrats on the son!
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 11:04 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• is he around at all or do you have to seek him out to tell him? I had issues with the father of my kid but i told his sister who told his mother and then he told his mother and then his side of the family was there for me and went to my sonogram. held my hand - was really there for me. if he is just expecting you to tell him while he does whatever he wants. be smarter and cut the cord. i'd have a conversation with the guy and tell him if he wants to be involved then he has got to really be involved - More then just locatable when you feel obligated. then move forward with give him information
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 11:11 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Despite your differances,always keep the father informed since he may change his mind or not however,what you do think of your child first.Plus due to medical questions of the child the father may need to answer due to his family history or if baby needed blood and so on.Good luck.I'm in a situation very same as yours so this is what i'm doing.Once the baby is here your needs for the childs best interests may change but until than stay in contact for the child and take it one day at a time and proceed from there.
    Anonymous

• you seem to have a mature and responsible out look on this, so all you can do is hope he will too. i wuld just call him and maybe grab some coffee, something like that. good luck. i wish you all the best.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 1:14 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Well, he said he wanted to know about it, so I would let him know... If you can stand eachother enough for the coffe as the last poster said, great. If not, maybe an e-mail update, an US picture... My husband and his ex weren't together long when they got pregnant and didn't stay together for long after SD was born, but they have been able to keep an amicable enough relationship just for the sake of their kid. And just in case, make sure you give the baby HIS last name. Depending on your state, it may be required if you ever want child support. Even if you think you don't want or need it now. Keep it as an option.
    earthmama727

Answer by earthmama727 at 1:59 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• You already know the answer... tell him he's having a son..
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 2:50 AM on Dec. 21, 2009