Has anyone ever been diagnosed with endometriosis?

Was it hard for you to get pregnant or carry a baby? Did you have to have surgery?

SummerLeAnn

Asked by SummerLeAnn at 11:09 PM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I had stage 3 endo without even knowing. It was diagnosed when the doc saw an endometrioma (blood-filled cyst) on a fertility workup ultrasound. In the span of a year, I had two surgeries for it while going through fertility treatments. It may be partially to blame for my troubles getting pregnant. When I did finally get pregnant, it did not impact the pregnancy. Now, I'm pregnant again with no help and no recheck or surgery for endo. No pregnancy issues so far.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:31 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• my friend had it i dont know what stage but it was very painfull for her and she has been ttc for about 12 yrs now and cant im so sorry it is very painful i wish no women would ever have to go through this
    Anonymous

• I am classified as severe endometriosis. It was originally found when I had a large ovarian tumor causing me alot of pain. this was years before I tried to get pregnant and I have had no troulbe getting pregnant. I also have had no signs of the condition, even though we are sure there are new adhesions.
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 9:06 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Stage IV endo here. I was diagnosed in 1999 through surgery. I have it covering most of my internal organs (liver, kidneys, uterus, and even some not so fun places like rectum.) The oddest place it was though was attached to my rib cage! My OB/GYN couldn't believe it.

Unfortunately for me it did wreak some havoc in my ability to conceive. After my first surgery in 1999, I was able to get pregnant right away and had my first child in 2000. Then after that I got pregnant again in 2002, but lost that baby. We tried again and again with no luch. Went to a reproductive endocrinologist and tried fertility treatments. They also failed. In December of 2005 I finally decided to give up. I gave it all up to God and realized I was truly content with my one son. Then in January 2006 (after no longer being on fertility treatments) I got pregnant and carried my daughter to term!
    mommytoadam

Answer by mommytoadam at 4:43 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• continued from above...

I am still suffering from the side effects of having endo. We finally found a BC pill though that helped control it although it makes me a raging loon!! LOL My husband said he's not sure which is worse...me in pain...or me causing pain LOL. Funny man.

Everyone is different so what happens to another endo sufferer might not happen to you. I have had 5 laps surgeries though and none of them were fun...and only the first two managed to help me get pregnant. The rest were just to ease some of the pain. Now because of all my scar tissue from c-sections and the surgeries, my OB/GYN highly recommends us not having any more biological children...so we adopted.
    mommytoadam

Answer by mommytoadam at 4:46 PM on Dec. 28, 2009