Does anybody else have depressed-brother problems?

Ive had such a hard time with my 22yr old brother who is seriously depressed...he called me at 2am last nite to tell me he was depressed and that i would not be hearing from him in a few days b/c he wanted time to think and be alone...b/c he felt very depressed b/c of his money situation and everything else in his life he finds something wrong with he promised he wasnt suicidal and that he wouldnt hurt himself but was just extremely down...sure he is having money issues but nothing serious, aside from that he has alot of good things in life...and when he starts talking he talks like a mad philisopher..he talks about crazy things how were all going to hell and how he doesnt want to bring a child in this god forsaken world..he says thats why he is depressed too b/c of the world we live in is a lie?! this to me if crazy talk! im worried! any thoughts...anybody else going through this with a family member??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Health

• This recession has done this to a lot of people. Just keep reminding him that it's nothing that he's done. It's the economy and things will get better. He has to just back up, regroup and wait out this recession. Tell him to consider college. If he went he can go back and learn a second trade. The grants will help him live. He could consider trying to figure out how to make the world a better place so he can have kids. I tell my adult children "if you don't like things, then make a change to make it better". Give him a hug for me.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:29 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Well, see heres the thing he is in college and doing very well and the recession has not affected him...he is self employed and makes good money he just spends all of it by Aug each year...he helps my mother run a tax buss. so they make all their money those 3 months of tax season...what seems to be more of the problem to me is this crazy talk about unanswered questions and how we live in a lie and all that??!! what is that all about?? i hate to say this but he sounds like a cult leader!! im just worried and i hope he doesnt hurt himself even tho he has told me he wouldnt...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Dec. 21, 2009