How do I get my son to wipe and flush?

He is 3 and fully potty trained. I son know if he is simply forgetting or just not flushing the toilet when he is done doing his business. I have to get him to start flushing because the cats like to drink out of it(even though I give them a bowl of fresh water everyday) and I dont want them to drink our bodily functions.Also, it's gross to go in the bathroom to do MY business and see DS' giant dookie! I'm not gonna make the cats stop drinking out of there so dont even suggest it.

Also, how do I get him to(remember to) wipe his butt? He knows how to flush and wipe himself. I taught him and have seen him do it on his own.

ICPclwnLOV

Asked by ICPclwnLOV at 12:14 AM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• well if any good answers show up, lemme know lol. my 3 yr old also doesnt wipe. he does flush and wash everytime though. he runs to me and yells at me, no matter who is around or what im doing, MOM! WIPE MY BUTT PLEASE!! and bends right over for the world to see. its hilarious, but hes going on four, i think its time to stop now lol!!
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 2:16 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• He's too young to remember. You need to be there with him showing him. Repetition is how they learn. You also need to help him wash his hands afterward.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:16 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• He's 3, go with him. Remind him to wipe, flush, and wash hands. That's your job.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I am waiting to see the answers, no flushing problem here, just the wiping!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:37 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Thanks for the advice. He's been flushing on his own all day and I am praising him each time, so hopefully he keeps it up. I'll just keep reminding him if he forgets again. Next will be the wiping his butt part. lol.
    ICPclwnLOV

Answer by ICPclwnLOV at 10:00 PM on Dec. 21, 2009