how confident are you in your relationship?

could you let your SO sleep with someone else without feeling insecure? do you KNOW that you will always be #1 to him no matter what for life? how do you knwo this?

LoriaAnn

Asked by LoriaAnn at 12:30 AM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• I am 100% absolutely confident that my husband wouldn't ever sleep with someone else while we were married, which is even better than your measure of confidence, in my opinion.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 12:38 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• My DH wouidnt be sleeping with anyone else... and if he was I wouldnt be insecure id leave his ass. If your SO is sleeping with other people youre not number 1 to him... I know I am to my Dh because we take our vows seriously. We dont believe in cheating or divorce if its not for a good cause like abuse or cheating etc...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• If my Dh was sleeping with someone else I wouldnt call it a relationship as much as a booty call for him... I too wouldnt be with him. My Man sleeps with ME ONLY... He has no business anywhere else
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• do you mean as in a 3sum? or letting him go out all on his own. there is a huge difference between the two. cheating is cheating, but playing together well thats just fun for some people and if you are going to play together than you have to have confidence in your relationship it wont last otherwise.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I am entirely confident in my relationship, but there is no way in hell my husband is sleeping with someone else.
    Anonymous

• My SO and I have an open relationship so yeah I know he sleeps with other women. I know I'm #1 bc he keeps coming back. He reminds me of an old dog that likes to run and chase & sniff other dogs but always comes back to the porch! lol

Answer by admckenzie at 12:47 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• im not referring to a 3some....im talking about wether or not you would be able to work out an arrangement where you were each allowed to sleep with other people...could you do that without losing some self esteem or feeling insecure about yourself? i have given this a lot of thought and discussion and i am 100% sure that i am the love of his life and that he will always be mine at heart and vice versa...but i just dont feel like its realistic for 2 people to be together for a lifetime and never be with anyone else...im curious if others may have come to the same conclusion.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 12:56 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• so what you are looking for is a poly relationship or an open relastionship. It's not for me, and its not about me not being confident it is that i personally for me prefer to have that one person who is mine and i am his and we share our life together, i can see myself having sex with him until we are old and wrinkly lol, in the last 15 years it has never been boring. It is very realistic to be with one person forever and not ever sleep with another person.

I do know of people who have had poly relationships and it works well for them and they are happy. It all boils down to what works for you. I know people who are swingers and that lifestyle works for them because they go home with their spouse every night. While i am not interested in either of these i say do what makes you and your partner happy.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:09 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• "I am 100% absolutely confident that my husband wouldn't ever sleep with someone else while we were married, which is even better than your measure of confidence, in my opinion."

Ditto.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Well, after 24 years of marriage I know that my husband won't be having sex with anyonbe but me AND I trust him enough to know that if he had to sleep in the same bed with another female for some odd reason that he wouldn't have sex with them. Neither of us have ever been with anyone else, we have only been with 1 person (each other) and we are 42 and 43. We have a pretty inventive and healthy sex life. I know that he doesn't need anyone else to satisy him, I AM enough. And he is enough for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Dec. 21, 2009