3 months

If early intervention tell you your son is 2 months behind gross motor and is between 1-2 months fine motor skills. What would you think and say? im so worry and don't know how to feel about this... : (

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't know what early intervention is but I would not be too worried. I would just work with him a whole bunch. Kids grow at different rates and just because he doesn't fit the guideline doesn't necessarily mean something is wrong with him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• It's ok. Don't stress. I stressed so much about this for the first year. I worked with him everyday to get him to reach his goals. I learned to relax with time and give him time. Continue to work with him but don't stress about it. He will make gains, but gradually. It's hard to feel that you really can't control their progress as much as you wish.

RELAX. I know, you have these expectations and get so caught up with how everybody else evaluates your child. Look at the goals YOU see. The ones that aren't in the evaluation checklist!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:04 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Boy's are slower then girls, and what ever that is sounds like they're idiots- you can't measure that stuff that soon... don't stress momma
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 2:08 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• You CAN measure that stuff this early and you shouldn't stress about him, just get him involved in appropriate therapies for his delays and ask what you can be doing with him at home. My son is 13 months old and when he was 11 months they diagnosed him with a receptive language delay of around 3 months. He's started speech therapy and is quickly catching up - his therapist told me last week she had "very little concern" about him. You're catching it early so he won't have as far to catch up than if you had waited - that's a good thing!

Answer by missanc at 11:47 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I would feel worried and would want to have my baby take full advantage of any early intervention services they offer! I would also try and learn more about infant development and how I could help him.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 5:10 PM on Dec. 21, 2009