My 9 year old and pimples

My 9 year old is starting to get pimples!There not all over her face but just a few here and there!Her face will clear up but break out every now and then!She has not started PMSing yet!I am wondering what would be a good product to use on her skin to help it stay clear!I use Noxzema and that seems to work for me but I don't want to use anything that is going to hurt her skin at a young age! She had gotten one this weekend and she didnt want to go out of the house with it on her face! Someone please help!I don't want to stay in the house every time my 9 year old daughter gets a pimple!

MarineAngel831

Asked by MarineAngel831 at 1:09 AM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• My sister is 11 and uses Clean and Clear. It's actually really good, you should try it.
    lovemytwinsters

Answer by lovemytwinsters at 1:13 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Have her use clean and clear and put neosporin on it. Also, make sure she washes her hands a lot and doesn't pick.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Here is how my teen handles her acne: wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer (she uses Lush). Once a day, before she washes her face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks and tell me how this worked.

For the body acne, use witch hazel

Answer by rkoloms at 9:14 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Neutrogena makes some good skincare products.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Have you tried Proactive? It's really a great product and will give her a good start on healthy skin care. Aveeno makes some great natural products that are organic for acne too that are not harsh on the skin at all. They have a whole line of face cleaners called Clear Complexion.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 10:31 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Scientists at NY University College of Medicine have shown that Niacinamide (aka Nicotinamide) is superior to antibiotics such as Clindamycin in controlling acne. Use Niapads – Nicotinamide pads for controlling acne. Niapads is a one step process providing exfoliation, skin lightening (prevent acne scars), pore cleansing and prevention of acne. Visit www.niapads.com for details. Free shipping to all US and Canada.
    JessicaG90

Answer by JessicaG90 at 8:47 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• My 9-year old has this off and on as well. More problematic is that she does not always wash her face correctly. So I set up an appointment with a friend who is a Mary Kay consultant. We both had facials and she taught my daughter the importance of washing our faces and the differences about pimples. Yes, there is a difference between acne and pimples. Becasue the information came from someone other than me, she really took it to heart. As a present, I bought her some products that were right for her. She felt so special and it made a nice experience for her.
    sonnalynn

Answer by sonnalynn at 3:28 AM on Jan. 2, 2010