Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

child sexual abuse-where do I turn?

Only one person, my husband, knows I was molested as a child from the ages of about 9 until about 14. I have carried this around for over 20 years and I don't know how to deal with it, I honestly have no idea. I can't afford to pay for a counselor. I want to remain anonymous but would someone please tell me who I can talk to? I would prefer email communication. I need peace. Thanks.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Health

Answers (9)
  • I'm so sorry. I'd call United Way for your county. CONTACT part of their services could probably give you numbers even at this hour. Or call a rape crisis center. Prayers for your comfort.

    Answer by lfl at 2:00 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

  • We found a counseling service through our church for my son. I only pay $20 a session. Maybe they have something like that in your area. Or maybe they have support groups for women who have been in your same situation. I had something similiar happen to me, I wasn't actually molested but my step-father was always coming on to me and saying things he shouldn't say, so I hope you can find the help you need, what he did to me still haunts me.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

  • NANC offers completely FREE Christian counselors throughout the country that are certified but you don't have to be a Christian.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

  • I am going to bed right now because i have a test in the am or i would sit and talk. I have my own issues and i thought i Had to get pills and I really wanted to go to counciling..I did both and then I realized a councilor is only going to help you help yourself. I started filling pages with nonsense. I wrote down the things that hurt and it helped me heal. I also found chat on yahoo idk if they still have that .. room for depressed people. I also attempted suicide and then admitted myself for depression. very expensive... the thing that helped the most is talking to yourself. not crazily but just get in touch with yourself and come to the understanding that it wasn't your fault. it's over. and you are a better person.

    Answer by MoMoFu at 2:08 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

  • im so sorry that happened to you. maybe journal about it. get it all out, the rage, the fear, the sadness. write a letter to your molestor. use curse words, let your anger out. have your husband give you alone time to do this in privacy. then, take those papers that you wrote and find a river or ocean. go there and let them drift down the water. it can be a very emotional thing to watch your pain be carried off in the current.
    i was raped and did this. i made paper boats and had them float down the river, my counselor supported me. I cried a lot, but felt a huge relief after.
    maybe this will work for you. GL.

    Answer by Bernie19 at 2:16 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

  • I am a sexual abuse survivor also. I've gone to counseling and it didn't really help me. What I feel like helps the most is getting it out. Writing in a journal, and sharing experiences with other sexual abuse survivors. Hearing about other people's experiences helps you realize that you're not alone. Talking about it lets the memories out so you don't have to carry around dirty little secrets.
    I would look for support groups rather than counseling centers.
    Hugs and GL

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

  • Call a rape crisis center and ask them who to talk to for free. Many towns have counselors who have sliding scale fees. Some are even free.

    Answer by admckenzie at 10:27 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

  • Do you or your husband work? Many offices offer free hotlines for their employees to call. See if you can find something like that.


    Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

  • I realize this is an old post but i figured you might get this reply. I am a Crisis Coach and abuse survivor myself. You can read my story on my website . If you would like to talk via e-mail my contact information is also on the website. I also developed two workbooks which i think you might benefit from, that is your choice. The books are also on my website. I hope that i can be of some help to you because i know how it is to be in your shoes.

    Demetria Rupkey - Crisis Coach




    Answer by brmjt51975 at 3:18 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.