I am going through a divorce and my husband is slandering my name to everyone that will listen..Why?

He telling everyone that I was a bad wife, didn't clean the house well, couldn't cook. I filed for a divorce on 5/23 because of his repeated physical,verbal,mental abuse as well as adultery. Now, everytime I go somewhere where he knows people, it seems like they start smirking and whispering to one another about me. I pretend like I don't see it but it is really bothering me that he telling people all kinds of lies about me. I feel like I am not given the chance to defend myself or at least tell my side, because they already have their opinions drawn up about me. What should I do?

divorced08

Asked by divorced08 at 12:04 PM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Relationships

• Get proof so when you see a judge you have evidence about this. Do not sink to his level and keep your chin up. Eventually it will be over and you will know who your real friends are anyone who wouldn't tell him to shut his mouth about you is just as bad as him. If they are snickering ask them why, and explain to them if it is because of something your husband said it makes them just as immature as he is. If they want to know your side then maybe they should ask instead of being such losers.
    TheEyesDesire

Answer by TheEyesDesire at 12:10 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Don't try to retaliate. Just be the better person and your actions will speak for themselves. He needs to talk smack because he KNOWS that he was the one who was mean and nasty. Hold your head high and screw those that don't know you for who you are they honestly DO NOT MATTER! Remember in HS when people said "Oh you like her..she's a slut" Well I was the girl they called a SLUT and you know what? I never even had sex or touched another boy till I was out of HS! I'm sorry this is happening to you but you will pull through this .
    Hugs!
    Shele
    SHELEBELLE

Answer by SHELEBELLE at 12:38 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• My divorce experience is that Karma is a Bitch. It will unfold on him 10 full. Trust me. I went through the same thing you are. Get the attitude of "Who gives a Fuck". My actions was, Move on, Don't give a Fuck, Miss Independent, Better Off, and Love me or Love Me. After one year, he is regretting everything that he said, and people later found out the truth, though his reactions to my actions.
    MissLady620

Answer by MissLady620 at 1:10 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• His behavior isn't flattering, not to you and most likely, not to his acquaintances. Anyone who isn't deaf or dumb probably notices that he's a mean and inconsiderate person. I mean, most guys who beat their wives aren't exactly model citizens. Plus, he looks bad because you filed for divorce, not him, so he's trying to salvage some pride. He'll be trying to crawl back in no time and he'll look even more pathetic doing it after all he said about you. As for these friends of his, you have to ignore them and their idiotic snickers. People believe what they want.
    Anonymous

• Im not sure what's 5/23. But I can tell you that everything is fairly normal.Your husband is angry, he will try to make it appear as if you are the bad personin order to make himself feel better about the whole thing. Also, you are going through a big emotional event, it is quite habitual to feel as if people are judging you.As long as your close friends and family are on your side, you should be ok. If you feel bothered by what people say, remember: most of these people wont matter in the BIG PICTURE. If you are still not feeling comfortable, than take these people aside and talk to them or write them a letter. good luck
    Leens

Answer by Leens at 4:18 PM on Jun. 25, 2008