Planet in Peril?

They say sea level is rising more then they thought. Or is it because the corals are disappearing? What will the coasts of America be like in 20 years if this is true and will people relocate or do you think they will try to hold out?

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 2:44 AM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• My Uncle says still today that he should go buy hundreds of acres in Montana because in about 20 years he can sell it as beach front property. LOL

Odds are people wont move. They will be stubborn.

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:07 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Whatever is melting in one part of the world, is freezing in another. Whatever is excessively wet in one part of the world, is excessively dry in another. Pretty much the pattern of what the Earth has done over the past 100 billion years or so--give or take a trillion! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:32 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• The sea level is not rising.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:36 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:20 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Ok...who is this Axel guy? I read most of it and he seems like a Quack. But excuse me for not agreeing with you, heh.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• If you read most of it and did not comprehend his history of credentials and still disagree then I guess there is no hope for you.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:30 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Carpy that was interesting. I watched the special on CNN and they proved (or so they say they proved) that the sea level has and is rising. The corals were being bleached from the warmer waters and so forth. But most interesting was Lake Chad.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 10:43 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• The sea levels are not rising.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:00 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Carpy dear, you are a riot, flying in the face of established science. Maybe you should have watched the program and gone to visit some of the island nations whose survival is threatened by rising sea levels. Very interesting to learn that the rate of melt of polar ice has now reached the level earlier predicted for 2050 and that the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere exceeds any level reached in the past 800,000 years and is rising fast.

I hope you don't live near the coast in a flat area - if you do you may have a rather soggy old age, But you can blame it all on a conspiracy.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 12:42 AM on Dec. 22, 2009