What is your opinion?

I am currently dating someone and things are going good. They could be better but.. all in all they are ok. I have a friend a male friend who has recently come back into town we have dated back in grade school (that's how long we have known each other) he wants to see me and hang out. ( as more than just friends)

I have always wondered what it would be like to be with him, and even now that I am seeing someone else I still think of what it would be like to be with my old friend.
Is this that chance in life where you get to be with someone you were meant to be with. Like a 2nd chance?
I guess my question is how many of you would act on this and give it a try .. or how many would stay in the relationship your in and always wonder what could have been?

Just for the record the relationship i am in is fresh only been dating lil over a month. if that has anything to do with your opinion.???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 AM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• Do it ,,,I belive in fate ,,,he may be totally different now so be careful you dont totally lose the other one .Very exciting ,,enjoy!!! Only live once!!!
    cameron536

Answer by cameron536 at 4:59 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• you should go out with the old friend but you should be honest with the boyfriend. secrets have a way of coming back to bite you in the ass when you least expect it. better honest now then backstepping and lying more later.
    quarine

Answer by quarine at 5:53 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

•  Life is short and your probably young so I say go for it. If you don't, you'll ALWAYS WONDER about the one that got away. Don't say nothing to the one your dating now. He doesn't need to know yet, if ever.Believe me , I know!

jblueeyes228

Answer by jblueeyes228 at 5:56 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Be honest with your boyfriend. Tell him you are having luch with an old friend to catch up. No harm in that. Be careful though. If you are having "what if" thoughts about the old flame, do you think you'll have them with new flame?

I wouldn't rush into anything or make any quick decisions. Let things happen naturally. You will know if it is right.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 6:28 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• If you want somebody else so fresh in a relationship then you need to play out your feeling the relationship your in most likely isn't right for you in that stage you should be only wanting him the fact you aren't leads me to believe it isn't meant to be so don't wast the time go out with your friend.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:01 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Dating is supposed to be for the purpose of selecting that person who is best suited to be your marriage partner. It is more or less a sorting procedure. It is the search for that person who most needs your personal attributes to complete him and more importantly, it is his search for you. You have only known your current guy for one month and yet, you seem to already be thinking of him in terms of permanency. You can't possibly know enough about him to know whether or not he is "the one." You don't owe him any kind of explanation about whoever else you may or may not be seeing. Something has happened in our culture that has deeply affected our approach to the selection of marriage partners and it has been extremely detrimental to the institution of marriage itself. If you want to date your old friend, date him. If you want to date them both at the same time, there is nothing wrong with doing that. No sex with either!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:27 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Go! Tell your BF your having lunch with a grade school friend & you want to catch up. Just don't sleep with him as that makes everything much more complicated. If you have stronger feelings for this other guy, then break it off w/ your current BF. Life is too short to be with someone you just "kind of like".

Also, is your old friend staing in town for good?
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:58 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• i would def give it a try.. dont stick to someone unless you are married..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• you will always wonder if you don't at least see him and se what's there. Your only dating this guy now, not married, you still have time to see if this old guy could be something really special. I do believe in fate, and he may be back in your life for a reason. Go for it!!!
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 12:39 PM on Dec. 21, 2009