What's wrong with this cat?

My husband says its just her personality but I'm not buying it cause he says she used be a sweet heart as a kitten. she hisses at everybody- runs away from everything, won't eat her food if your in the same room... just a mean ass cat in general. she's also balding in certain areas of her body. what could be wrong with her? it almost sounds to me like she's mentally ill (she's been doing this for 5 years now)

Hali_Taylor

Asked by Hali_Taylor at 5:56 AM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Pets

• I have the same problem and its just how they can be, mine was a great kitten but is an asshole now. Also something could have traumatized them when they were young that you might be unaware of.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:48 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• ya i think i know of it. my hubby was friends with this bitch who abused her or something in junior high. if i had known someone was torturing my animal i would have done more than he did. all he did was stop talking to her, i think she could have hurt the kitty really bad.
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 7:26 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Sounds like something may have happened cause he should not be balding it is usually stress.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 7:30 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Thyroid issues,Tumor,Stress there is actually a lot of things it maybe Bring her to the Vet's to rule stuff out and have them run some bloodwork on her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• My mom's cat has hair loss. I took her to the vet and she's got allergies, but only during the summer months mostly. They give her an antihistamine shot and a shot of steroids.

Perhaps your cat is just evil like the other 98.9% of cats...lol. Have you taken her to the vet to see if she has something wrong with her besides pure kitty evilness?

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 8:24 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• There could be something seriously wrong. Hair loss is not a good sign at all.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:29 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Not all cats are evil...my hubby had a siamese once,usually known to be one of THE most evil of felines...he was the sweetest kitty ever!!! (He just didn't like hubby's at that time wife,lmao!!!)
    My cat has the same EXACT issues! It was found out that she is in a LOT of pain from allergies!!! She is now on steroid shots/pills..and more than likely will be for the rest of her life.Poor kitty....
    starrsun

Answer by starrsun at 8:49 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• If cats were big enough, they would eat their owners....
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 9:03 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• We had a cat like that once....she was normal at first but when she was a kitten her head got slammed in the door (we were trying to shut it before she ran out) and she started flipping around and having seizures. The vet wasn't sure she would even make it but she did and was MEAN from that point on. She also lost patches of hair.
    kelbel619

Answer by kelbel619 at 9:55 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I'd be mean too if you slammed the door on my head!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 1:18 PM on Dec. 21, 2009