Maryland(dental) bridge

Does anyone else have one?How l;ong do they last?Ever have it fall out?Its the cheaper of the bridges.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 AM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Health

• My brother has one. He got it when he was 16 and now he's 24 and has not had any problems until a couple months ago. His bridge is one of his front teeth. My brother was laying on the couch and my niece came up to the couch with a toy in her hand and when he turned his head to look at her the toy hit his mouth and just popped the tooth right out. He had major problems finding a dentist to glue it back in. After he initially had it put in our dentist was killed in a car accident and his office closed down. All the dentist we called said they had not performed a maryland bridge since the late 90's and did not have the right cement to repair it. We finally found one that could repair it, he fixed it and it came unglued in 2 months. Apparently they go bad after so many years and then you have to upgrade to a new bridge. So it lasted for like 8 years but once it popped out he's has a lot of problems with it.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 11:23 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I'm sorry, I'm no help for you.

Hope you are able to find someone with some information for you though.

Cafe Jenn
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 12:16 PM on Dec. 21, 2009