how do i convince my son that spike the dinosaur is for toddlers?

my son really wants that spike the dinosaur but i think it looks like a big baby toy and something he would just play with once and toss to the side...i am not about to pay 150.oo for that thing! If he was smaller i would've but i think he is just too big for it now. How do convince him that he is just too big for it. He is 5...of course the tv makes it look cool...but i think it just looks like a big peice of junk an

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 8:02 AM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• if you thinits a waste simply tell him hes too big for it....but i just looked it up and it is in no way a toddler toy. It's a remote control robot.
    JocelynsMama1

Answer by JocelynsMama1 at 8:15 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• it just looks like something i would've bought for him at age 3...and the remote only has like 3 buttons
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:17 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• they even have it in the baby section at toys r us
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:18 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• they do have a raptor that is for bigger kids but it is so life like and he is terrified of it....it actually looks like a real live dinosaur
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:19 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Not sure what I'd tell him, but just FYI- that thing has HORRIBLE reviews.
    itsjaimiehere

Answer by itsjaimiehere at 8:33 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I don't think it is just for 5 year olds. I wouldn't buy it for a toddler, a 3-6 year old yes. I haven't seen it for $150 since last year....most places have been running it for $80-$100 on sale. If we would have had the money this year, we would have gotten it for out three kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• No way its just a toddler toy. We got it for my 3yo for Christmas this year and he loves it but the controler is to complicated for him, it has more than 3 buttons actually 6, walk, move head, open mouth, random action and I forget the other one. I have had older kids at my house since we got it and they love it most the other 3-4yo are scared of it. The thing is freakin awsome my DH and his friends even play with it. Well worth the $125
    momoftatertots

Answer by momoftatertots at 8:59 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• It might not be a toddler toy but it is way too expensive. Gahhhhhh.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• the have a spike jr at walmart for 20 its small
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Thats a freaking crazy price for a toy! If you think he is too old for it, well just dont buy it...Not sure what is so hard about that...
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 10:01 AM on Dec. 21, 2009