WHAT IS YULE?

I av seen this so many time on CM without knowing its meaning. Pls, someone should help me out with its meaning. Wanna know all about it.

momella417

Asked by momella417 at 8:47 AM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yule is the Pagan Celebration of the Winter Solstice.
    Here is a great place for some more information... http://paganwiccan.about.com/od/yulethelongestnight/a/About_Yule.htm

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:38 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• This is some of the traditional Yule, here.  It begins with the new moon nearest the solstice with Mother Night and lasts until 12th Night.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:01 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I want to see the info on this question, so I am replying so I can keep it in m answers :)

iLovenml

Answer by iLovenml at 10:13 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• There is a lot of information out there if you do a search...

HERE

HERE

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:49 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• it is the celebration of light. also people believe that you are thanking the goddess (or more) for a pleasant bouty or good year and hoping for a good year next year. pleasing the goddess.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:51 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• A celebration of the rebirth of the Solar God.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:50 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I have a journal post all about it on my page if you want to go and read it, it explains a lot of it.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 3:05 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Yule is a title applied to several different winter holidays or festive periods, sometimes Christmas but more often (in modern times) to the Winter Solstice as celebrated by Wiccans & other Pagans. It has a more specific set of traditions associated with it, stemming from Northern Europe, I assume that is what the link NotPanicking posted will explain.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 11:48 AM on Dec. 22, 2009