Red delicious apples

I have a bag of them and they are starting to go bad. Can I make anything with these apples?

1lilgirl

Asked by 1lilgirl at 9:06 AM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Food & Drink

• applesauce, apple crisp, baked apples. My fav would be applesauce. Peel and core them, then cut them into wedges. Put them in a pot over med heat with 1/4-1/2 cup of water (depends on the amount of apples! You can always drain later if you put too much) Heat until they are soft. Mash them up, add some sugar and cinnamon to taste.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 9:10 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• apple pie!!, you can just bake them and eat them, try going to allreceipes.com and making red delicious apples the ONLY ingredient, it will give you a recipe that stars the apple.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 9:11 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Apple cobbler, baked apples, apple kugel
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 10:04 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• They have such an odd texture; I have never found them to be very good for cooking.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:28 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• They aren't meant for baking. I would slice them up and toss them in yogurt with walnuts and eat them like a salad.
    Anonymous

• I put my RED apples in the crock pot along with some butter, brown sugar and oat cereal and it was SO yummy! 4 hrs smelled SO good!
    1lilgirl

Answer by 1lilgirl at 3:58 PM on Jan. 3, 2010