How many times does it take before you tell someone off?

Or do you bite your tongue?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If I am offended by something the person said or they are generally out of line then I don't hold my tongue. If it's childish nonsense then I just brush it off. If a person is acting that childish then I doubt they would understand a word I'm saying when I'm telling them off, so I just save my breathe.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 9:54 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Twice, but sometimes I'll tell them off the very first time if I'm pissed enough!
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:22 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• If I do not know them I will bite my tongue for a long time. But if I know them a little I still will bite my tongue. But if I really know your good. I will tell you off in a heart beat.

Answer by louise2 at 9:38 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• it really depends on the situation and what the "offense" is...but if the behaviour is really out of line then right then and there.
    jenniferleah

Answer by jenniferleah at 9:39 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I will hold my tongue until I can't take it any more! It's not that I'm afraid of an altercation but instead try to be mindful that everyone has different thoughts and behaviors and respect that. But once I get fed up its like a volcano erupting!!! I will let people know when they have over stepped a boundary way before I get to the point of blowing up!!! I am very easy going but I do not appreciate certain things like any one else!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• It really depends, but generally I don't hold my tongue more than once.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:45 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Depends on the situation...
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:07 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• a lot!!! i really don't like confrontation but eventually i just break and i go off and am out for blood lol, most of the time though i just bite my tongue and take everyone elses crap. I have went off on my brothers gf twice because she pissed me off, but other than that i just take it cause i don't really want the drama
    mom_on_strike

Answer by mom_on_strike at 10:34 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Depends on the situation. If I'm in ilne at the grocery store and someone is running their mouth to the cashier and harassing her about the price of something, I'll tell them to shut it and fork over their money. But if its just someone complaining to me about something, I'll find a quick way to shut them up, like snapping "Ok!" and walking away. Its not really telling them off, but its getting the point across.
    metalhealthmama

Answer by metalhealthmama at 11:02 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I usually bite my tongue.

They'd have to do something very rotten to get me to tell them off(cuz most times I would defend my position on something but realize they have their opinions and experiences too).

If they went off on my kids that would probably do it though LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:08 AM on Dec. 21, 2009