Why, as a nursing mother, am I gaining weight so easily and quickly?

My daughter is almost 8 months. I've been watching my sugars and bad fats, eliminated fast foods, and taken a pregnancy test (which was negative). I'm not on a healthnut diet, but it's not out of contril, either. Why, why why!?!

libbyluaudrey2

Asked by libbyluaudrey2 at 9:46 AM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Thyroid...get it checked that is the #1 reason for fast weight gain and notbeing able to lose any.
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 9:51 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I wouldn't rule out health reasons, but sometimes it just takes a while to get your bod back after having a baby. A good two years I would say to really get back. Those women who bounce back in a couple of months either a) have a lot of money to do so or b) are a freak of nature. Don't be so hard on yourself. I didn't nurse for very long, but nursing never helped me to lose weight. It came off on its own when the baby became mobile and I had to chase him around. LOL.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:00 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Yeah, but is 7 pounds in two months normal?
    libbyluaudrey2

Answer by libbyluaudrey2 at 10:16 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I would look at what you eat and how active you are.
    I would start with simple changes.
    Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy

Answer by rkoloms at 2:24 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I gained like 50 pounds after i had my kid and i actually nursed him for 13 months. i'm just now starting to take it off but with alot of work! i don't understand why i gained so much either....
    TBSNBubblegum

Answer by TBSNBubblegum at 9:10 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I hear you. I my little man is 9 months old and I am still carrying around an extra 20 lb. My husband and I just bought the P90X program. We are going to start it the minute we get it!
    jakesmom2233

Answer by jakesmom2233 at 8:30 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• You are overeating otherwise you wouldn't be gaining. I would track everything you eat for a few days and see where yo uare going wrong.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 8:01 PM on Dec. 26, 2009