we had a fight

we had a fight this weekend. it was pretty big compared to others.
well first of all i was already irriated because he had been in a crappy mood since his hours got cut at work. ok i understand how men are when it comes to not working, they get depressed but i am the one that makes all the money and i pay all the bills, his money just helps out with living in between my checks. which is fine, i have no problem with that. well i asked him if he wanted to take our son and my step son (who is his son and was over for the weekend) to a snow show here in florida. he says, he isnt in the mood, well i asked him several times and he said no
so i realized what kind of mood he was in and asked if he wanted to go out just me and him.. well he said we didnt have the money but he would think about it...
well he ended up going to the gym with his friend and didnt take the boys, he usually takes them, and then he went to the club....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• His sense of identity is threatened cuz of the $ thing so he's trying to figure out where he fits & what that means for him, identity crisis. Our dh's sound very alike, I'm always the problem solver & sick of it. My complaints that he'll tell me things @ the very last minute like his bosses b day & expect me to drop whatever I'm doing to solve his crisis. Well I finally told him that his inability to plan ahead is no longer my problem & I'm not doing it anymore. Next time he's acting like this & won't talk to you like an adult, you leave. Just get in the car w/ out saying a word, turn off your phone & leave for a bit. That'll be an eyeopener for him & may make him see how you feel.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:32 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• i was so pissed, i dont mind him having me time and going out with his boys.. but dont blow me and your kids off in the mean time.. granted he does spend alot of time with us and he is very nice to us but i feel like he just really crapped on me that day.. so i brought it to his attention and we got in a huge fight.. i confronted him camly to tell him how i felt about it and he basically said "get over it"... that really made me mad so i ended up saying some things that were very hurtful and now he says he wants to leave and he doesnt want his son around me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• So he's an ass, mine promised me he was gonna help me clean the whole house this weekend to get ready for the holidays. You know what his great contributions were? Sat he folded the laundry & put it away AFTER I told him to get off his fn ass & fold the mutherfkn laundry (he was lying on the bed "playing w/ our dd, 7 mo, which means she was on the bed w/ him while he watched crap on tv), also the 16th time I had asked so I didn't start out cursing @ him. Sun his contribution was to scrub the INSIDE of the toilets, not the whole thing mind you just the bowl!!!! Hubby's can be such ass munches sometimes!!!!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:08 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I do not know how you feel about what he said? If you want him to leave or not? But If I where you ( sense you are financaly secure). I would tell hin "Don't let the door hit you on the way out".
    Most guys do not like it when the wife makes more money then they do. do not know why. It is just a man thing.

Answer by louise2 at 10:14 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Is this argument really a good reason to leave a marriage over? What was your responsibility in the argument and can you fix your end of it? Do you think this problem is fixable? Is this something that ten years from now you and your husband wont be able to get past? (If you answer these questions, you'll be on the right track to fixing this situation)
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:15 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• yeah, and the thing is he is so full of pride, instead of just saying...hey im sorry babe im under alot of pressure, i didnt handle the situation as best i could.. he decided to get mad at me??? wth
    anytime he has a problem with me i take it in and deal with it and try to fix it..
    i feel like he owes me so much more appreciation..
    this all just blind sided me becuase we usually get along and now he is talking about leaving and on top of that saying he doesnt want his son around me.. wth, i do everything for that kid so dont try to use him against me because at the end of the day i really dont give a damn... thats yr kid
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• well what i said was basically when your son is here he wants to spend time with you not just me.. so he chalked that up into me calling him a bad father.. which is not true, i dont think he is a bad father, he is actually a great father but i do feel that when his son is over on the weekends he could do more with him.. he usually just takes him to the gym with him while he plays basketball and while the kids do love to go to the gym its still gratifying him becuase he is the one playing basketball!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• You're making most of the money and his work hours got cut. Do you really think he's thinking about leaving you? doubtful. This is a manipulative ploy to get under your skin. Start packing your bags and see what he says.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• First he ignores his kids, he isn't working and then goes to a club??? I would be furious.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• you ladies have good points..thank you
    and for the record no i dont want him to leave and i dont want to leave him but i think he needs a reality check sometimes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Dec. 21, 2009