How can I find out the safety feature my daughter accidentally turned on, and turn it off?

My 2.5 year old started punching buttons on the computer the other day while it was on. At the time I didn't realize she had accidentally activated something. However, later I went to download a photo onto Cafe Mom ans was unable to. At first I thought it was the website, but when I tried on Face-book the photo down loader would never come up. So I figure she turned on a control that prevents photo downloads, I just don't know how or where to fix it.

hillmom

Asked by hillmom at 10:32 AM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Technology

• What OS does it have? XP, Vista, Windows 7 or is it a Mac? Windows Vista and Windows 7 has a bunch of added "security" and Vista is a real pain in the butt with it...
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 1:58 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Did you mean uploads?

What happens when you try to upload to CafeMom? --- Do you get an error message?

Facebook is notorious for having photo uploader issues.... are you getting an error message?

Have you tried to reboot your computer and try again?

I don't suspect it's a windows control, but it's possible something other than windows related is the causal.

What operating system and version are you using? (XP? VISTA?) (Home? Pro? Ultimate?)

Also what web browser and version are you using? (Internet Explorer (IE) ? ---- 6? 7? 8?) (Firefox? 3.1.5?...etc...)

Feel free to get follow up advice via my Computer Moms - Computer Heaven group:
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/ComputerHelp

PinkSodaPop

Answer by PinkSodaPop at 6:28 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• What kind of OS?
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:24 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• idk
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 3:46 PM on Nov. 13, 2010