Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

IS this right or what?

A man who has been married for 14 years is going to get a bank account with another woman since she is pregnant with his child. Mind you he is still living with the wife who he cheated on. This bank account wont have the wife's name on it nor will she have access to it for money to pay the bills and etc. Is this right or what? What can she do?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (9)
  • Probably not right, but at least he's taking responsibility for his child. He needs to be honest with his wife and wife needs to work towards getting the big D.

    Answer by lowencope at 10:44 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

  • unless she gets a court order, there is nothing she can do to stop him

    Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:54 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

  • Well, does she know about the affair? I would just file for divorce & take all his money, then he can live with his pregnant girlfriend.

    No, it is not right. He IS however being responsible for the child he produced, but i don't think that makes up for him cheating on his wife & supporting a new family.

    Answer by samurai_chica at 11:10 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

  • Ehhh...its shitty but it might be the best thing. It sucks to be his wife and I would leave him if I were her, because of the infidelity...but at least he's manning up and taking responsibility for his child and just pretending like it didn't happen. As long as he's using his own money, of course and not taking money out of joint accounts he has with his wife.

    Answer by metalhealthmama at 11:11 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

  • Why is he opening an account with her? If he's trying to pay child support why cant he just pey it through the courts like everyone else? opening a joint account with someone else is opening a can of worms. What happens when the account becomes overdrawn and he has to take money from you guys because she went on a spending spree? She needs a set ammount through the courts and thats it. As far as stepping up to his responsibilities, I'm sure he'll spend time with the child but she doesn't need to have a joint anything with him because they aren't together. It's bad enough he cheated, now they're banking together?

    Answer by Shyma at 11:14 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

  • no that is not right! he can pay child support without opening up a bank acct with her.. that is ridiculous, he obviously doesnt want to be in a relatinship with his wife anymore and she needs to divorce him

    Answer by shyysmom at 11:16 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

  • ok i get it the guy is scum, however did you ever think he is trying to keep the issue out of court and as quite as possible to spare his wife anymore embarassment? I dont nec agree with opening a joint account, she can open an account just for the porpuse of him depositing money for the child, he does not need to be on the account to deposit money in to the account and i think its really up to the wife if she wants to work through this issue with her husband however i would suggest she file for child support before the other woman whereas once an order is in place for the baby it wont be adjusted for more kids with someone else and the other way around

    Answer by mommie2twogirls at 12:15 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

  • he can pay child support through the state court order.. sounds like a double life?

    how many ex wives with kids have joint accounts ... probably none.. he is a dog... its not about the child its about them two getting a life together, which will probably happen.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

  • I agree with Shyma

    Answer by TaiM at 1:39 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.