Would you suggest giving a nasal decongestant spray to a toddler?

my 2 year old has a cold, and can't breathe out of his nose, I was wondering if anyone has tried this before...or if you have any other suggestions! thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• OMG, have thought about it, but not a good idea. LOL! Get some saline spray and see if that helps, does infant cold remedy seem to help? If not, he may have a sinus infection. Nose sprays are totally not good, even for adults, I know how awful it is for them when they can't breathe, but the saline does seem to help some! Good luck momma!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:57 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Use saline spray/drops and a cool mist humidifier will help little one sleep better at night. I'm not positive if this will help with the nose part or not but I've heard vicks vapor rub on their feet works wonders for colds.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• The doctor prescribed that for 2 month old, she said to spray it on a q-tip and rub it in his nose. You might want to try that with yours too. It helped my son out a lot.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 11:07 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• NO, Never. I do not think that is for kids anyway. Get a humidifier. And some vicks.

Answer by louise2 at 11:07 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• no way!!! get some of the beathright strips!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:16 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• no i wouldn't. when my daughter gets colds i just give her lots of water and i help her keep her nose clean... i put on the humidifier.. my aunt suggest vicks on the bottom of the feet.. it works too. raise the head of her crib from under the mattress so that it can help her breathe too. they do much better than we do.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 11:16 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Do the humidifier and the saline spray by little noses. Or sitting in the bathroom with the hot water running for steam, that does it too... Good Luck :)
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 11:21 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Triaminic makes one for ages 2 to 11. My boys who are 2 and 3 use it when they have a cold before they go to bed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• NO! The stuff can make the nasal passages highly dependent on it.
    You can, however, use saline spray. They sell it just for babies & toddlers.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:43 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• My doctor recommended Little Noses for my baby when he was sick with a cold and had a really congested nose.
    JewelsE

Answer by JewelsE at 11:48 AM on Dec. 21, 2009