The Littlest pet shop for Boys/Girls or both?

We were shopping early. DH & I grabbed Deals. We were in the store at 5am. Out by 5:12 am! The Littlest pet shop. Is it for Boys & girls or only Girls? We have Grandsons. That are 2 & 4. They love pets and animals! Looking for your opinions! We think many toys are toys! To suit their own personal tastes! I played with trucks, cars, tinker toys, legos, Light Bright! Barbies & Velvet Etc.. So I'm looking for your opinion! As always I'm thankful for your kind rerplies! Merry Christmas!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 10:59 AM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would say mainly for girls. but my mother-in-law has some at her house and my 5 yr old son plays with them.
    motherwanting6

Answer by motherwanting6 at 11:05 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• They are definitely geared towards girls, but I let my son play with my dd's LPS toys.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:10 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• i think they are mostly for girls, but I'm sure boys that age would enjoy them too. I have always let all my kids play with boy or girl toys, it really shouldn't matter, whatever they like!
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 11:11 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I bought my son (3yr) a bird by furreal friends. I think it is geared toward girls but he absolutely loves it and didn't pay attn to the purple box it came in.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 11:14 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I'd say it is a little girly, but my 2 yo son would love it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• My son is thrilled with those. He walks straight past the 'boy toys' every time for the kitchen set and littlest pet shop. Especially at 2 & 4 I'd say you're safe from having to worry about it being too girly. It's more likely to be the favorite gift. :)
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 11:50 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I would say for girls, my girls have it and love it! I guess it all depends on the child.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 12:36 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I would say both. My sons therapist brings them over sometimes and he loves them. I was in the store and saw some that seemed more geared towards boys, like a parrot with a eye patch.
    Anonymous

• Linda, I think they're mostly geared toward girls (my daughters are nuts for them!) However, some boys might like them, particularly very young boys. I think once they get a little bigger, the boys might realize that the toys are a bit "girly" and some of them won't like that. I bet since your grandsons are only 2 and 4, they will love them.
    Merry Christmas to you too!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 2:18 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Well, they can be for both since my 5 year old son will play with them (he does have 3 older sisters), however unlike 'Pound Puppies' that came out when I was younger it's less for 'both' genders and tends to lean toward girls over boys.

There are bins at Target that sell medium sized durable animals. They are a bit pricey but you can usually pick out what you think the child would like more and there are wild, zoo, and farm animals.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 2:30 PM on Dec. 21, 2009