Pregnancy after a tubal?

I had a tubal December last year. Now I am running alittle late on my monthly and starting to get worried. I should have started around 17th. I know I am only a few days late but I haven't been late at all since getting my period back after having our son.

So has anyone gotten pregnant after a tubal or knew someone who did? I am also still breastfeeding my 1 year old son but have had a period this entire time, so I am confused.

palexander

Asked by palexander at 11:02 AM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you are pregnant, what are you going to do?

Answer by louise2 at 11:05 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• My girlfriend had #6 after having her tubes tied, I would go and get a PG test to be sure,,,enough time has passed, hope it turns out okay for you..BTW her DH got a vasectomy to ensure it never happened again, on the good side she finally got her girl after 5 boys, LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:06 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• This question strikes fear into my heart! i had a tubal too - I have heard it can happen, probably not, but I would get a test anyway....
    Best of luck!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 11:09 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• i've had my tubes tied for 14 years, thankfully that took! lol I did know someone who had their 4th child after a tubal.....it does happen. you should take a test to put your mind at ease.
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 11:10 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I remember reading a story in Good housekeeping years ago. The woman had tubes tied AND hubby had a vasectomy. They ended up pregnant!!!! Doctors said the odds are slim for either, but combined they were up against almost impossible odds!!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 11:21 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• What will I do? Well, keep the baby of course. I do not believe in abortion and adoption is out of the question. Our 4th was a birth control taken correctly baby and we didn't want anymore after our twins but was waiting on our younger twins surgery for hubby to get fixed.

IF I am, I will do a vaginally delivery even if I have to travel. I have had 3 c-sections, first due to being breeched and stuck, second due to one twin being VERY sick, and the 3rd was more choice than anything. But I will do my best for a vaginal.

I have been putting off a test. Last month I had a period but woke up one day so sick to my stomache then ended up taking a 2 hour nap. My hubby thought I was so I took a test negative. But now being late, I am worried. I hope I am not pregnant.

Thanks so much.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 11:39 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• My ex husband was born after his mom had a tubal done...then he had two little brothers 10 and 12 years later.
    It is possible to get pregnant after you "get fixed" but it doesnt happen alot.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 1:04 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Well if you are going to keep the (maybe baby), as in not abort. Why are you worried about being pregnant then. did you get a tide tubal or a cut tubal?

Answer by louise2 at 2:44 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Louise2 , I got a cut, tide, and burned. It is what my OB does. The reason I am worried is because we have 4 already and we don't want anymore. Our youngest was a complete accident. I was not happy for over half the pregnancy with him because we have twin boys that are 14 months older. We have a 7yr old, 26 month twins, and a 1yr old.

Secondly, right now my husband is in the middle of a fight to get his Worker's Comp (he was injured on the job). They are suppose to pay weekly checks since he can't work but we have not had an income in 4 months. We are behind on everything. Right now would be the worst time to get an very unexpected baby.

palexander

Answer by palexander at 10:59 PM on Dec. 21, 2009