Boys and Girls Club?

Does anyone have any experience with them? I need after school care for my son and the only options are them or a local daycare. I have heard mixed reviews about the local daycare but I haven't heard anything about our local B&GC, so I was wondering in general how they are. Thanks in Advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Dec. 21, 2009 in

• My suggestion is to pop in and check the place out, you never know how something is really run unless you just drop in unexpected. I worked at one while I was in college, it was a true experience. I was the only white person in the building, it was really cool the way the children was curious about me.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 11:10 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• My grandson has been going to the Boys & Girls Club for about 3 yrs now. He likes it.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:10 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Thank you ladies. I went by today and it really seemed like a great place. I was told that he has to be 5 but he also has to be in Kindergarten. He is in Pre-K at the school, so maybe next year. I did go by the daycare, and one of his friends in his class attends there so that is where he will be going for now.

Anonymous

• My dd goes to them after school everyday and she loves it! she gets lots of homework help and hasmade lots of friends. The only problem my husband has is that she is the only white person there but she doesnt seem to mind. Its been a great resource for us and has really helped her come out of her shell. I personally would go with boys and girls club cause its going to be cheaper than after school daycare!! good luck!
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 6:57 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• It depends on the workers, I love the boys and girls club. They were mostly teens being I took my kids in the summer. They were really into the kids, and loved them.

I would speak to people who attend it.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:07 PM on Dec. 22, 2009