How can i gain weight faster while being pregnant?

It's a little hard I was 110 before and ever since I lost weight about 6 months after having my son it's so hard to gain weight. I am expecting again and I feel like it's hard for me to gain weight. My belly is showing so much more and so much faster than it did when I was pregnant with my son but I still having trouble gaining weight. I eat like there's no tomorrow but nothing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you are of normal weight, gaining is really not a big deal. A normal sized woman should only eat an additional 300 calories per day. If you are underweight your OB might want you to eat more, if you are over weight they might want you to eat/gain less. With my first I gain 20 pounds, my second 25 and with my third I couldn't gain any, I kept losing no matter what I did. The baby still got everything he needed. All 3 babies were 6,7 and 8 pounds. Also you will show faster with second baby verses first. Don't worry to much..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:26 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I had trouble gaining weight with my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies and my OB threatened to put me in the hospital because I wasn't gaining, and on some visits had even lost some weight. With my 2nd, I gained a total of about 14 lbs. And I weighed around 110 when I got pregnant with him, so I wasn't by any means overweight. He was a healthy 7 lbs, 11 oz so it didn't affect him in the least.
    I had to force myself to eat even when I wasn't hungry (I ate 3 meals and 3 snacks/day) and make sure I was getting healthy fats in my diet, including olive oil and fish. I added butter to my scrambled eggs, drank 2% milk instead of skim, anything I could think of. Don't start eating junk just to gain weight.

Answer by missanc at 11:33 AM on Dec. 21, 2009