I woke up this morning to my hand burning..it felt as if I had put my hand on a hot stove...

my hand was under my head when this happened. Then I moved my hand around and it went away..I put my hand back under my head and it happened again. It was such terrible pain. I have also had a little numbness in my hand and fingers. Does anyone have any idea why this happened. It is my right hand that is doing this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Health

• Sounds like a pinched nerve maybe..? Just a guess. I have the same problem with my hands during the night and the doc. said "Pinched Nerve".
    AProsser

Answer by AProsser at 11:28 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• carpel tunnel syndrome maybe
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 11:37 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• There is a nerve that runs down your arm by your elbow. When your arm is bent for very long (phone calls, pc use, sleeping with it bent) it can become irritated and lead to numbness and tingling in your fingers. I don't think pain would be an unreasonable side effect either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Is this the first time it's happened?

If it is, it's probably nothing but if it has happened before or you are really concerned, I'd suggest contacting your doctor.

Cafe Jenn
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 12:02 PM on Dec. 21, 2009