I noticed something....Pagan/Wiccan and Christian related

Have you noticed that there are Christians, well non-pagans, that will open a question directed clearly at Pagans/Wiccans just to post a negative comment? I have been reading some answers this morning looking for a certain topic. I also noticed that you don't see the Pagans/Wiccans opening posted directed clearly at Christians or other non-pagans and posting negative comments.

Why? I thought Christians were "held to a higher standard"? That they aren't suppose to judge?

Just curious. Some of you will say that I posted this to start trouble, that is your opinion. I am simply asking a question. IF I have to I will further explain why I posted this.

palexander

Asked by palexander at 11:33 AM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I will point out one VERY important thing. Often these questions are started by someone posting anon. Sometimes the questions are genuine and you just have a trouble maker come in under anon and bash. Sometimes it is a trouble mking anon posting the question just looking for a chance to bash. Either way it is not restricted to only pagans but happens all across the board and since it is posted anon there is no way for us to tell what religious beliefs the poster has.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:37 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I have seen the types of posts and sometimes responses to various questions that you are describing. I believe that you are correct. As a Christian, I am not permitted to judge others. If I can think of nothing positive to add to any conversation, I just remain quiet and do not respond.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• well, you posted something negative now didn't you...idc either way but i have seen negativity towards christians on here just as much as i have seen it towards non christians
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Personally I think you would have to ask the people posting the questions! If I were to ask a question of pagans it wouldn't be to also give my opinion. in a personal conversation with someone, I would share my opinion, but not just randomnly post something to all! (Hope that made sense - a little distracted here).
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 11:39 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I will give an example of the time of questions I am talking about. I posted a question back in October and in the tittle stated for Fellow Wiccans/Pagans and I got a response by someone posting ANON that said go to hell. Ok. Well, the other day, a fellow believer posted a question clearly intended for Pagans/Wiccans and two people posted Ugh.

I know people do it to Christians but I have noticed that alot of times it is people who claim to be Christians. I have actually looked on their profiles or have seen them post to other questions. I personally know my fair share of Christians that follow the path as closely as possible but I also know more that do not follow the path at all but are the first to point the finger.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 11:47 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Yes, I know I posted something negative. Was it meant to be that way? No. But that is how it is viewed that is fine. My main point of it was that if Christians are not suppose to judge then why do some many of them judge? I can give examples of what I mean if you need them.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 11:48 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• LOL... I believe I have seen those example questions that you speak about in your opening post OP... the *Ugh* ones ...
    You get this from both sides of the fence... with the Anon button those who are answering under it can not be identified as
    a Christian or non-Christian... they are there only to cause problems... Like pitching a neighbor against another bc one feels left out... the he said she said game... KWIM!?

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:00 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• there are many many times that a question is directed to christians only and pagans/wiccans have their negative things to say as well, anon or not. It goes both ways.
    Anonymous

• i have to add, it's not right either way, but thats how it is here.
    Anonymous

• Well, I have seen posts directed at Christians that are negative and/or mean, but I don't know if the person who posted it was pagan or not.

It's not right for either group to post something to insult, questions or wanting to debate something isn't wrong, but to insult is very rude...but it happens from all sides around here. That's how it is on CM.

We seem to notice the bad posts that are directed at our personal beliefs and not really notice the ones directed at other groups.

iLovenml

Answer by iLovenml at 12:26 PM on Dec. 21, 2009