Anyone here had any experience with a VSD heart murmur? My son was born with one. He's had no complications, but I'm interested if anyone else is familiar with this.

suneebeach

Asked by suneebeach at 12:05 PM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Health

• My dd was born with a AVSD and had surgery in January to correct it. She still has a moderate leakage in her mitrovalve but the doctor has been keeping a close eye on it to make sure it doesn't cause her heart to enlarge.So far she has had no problems with the murmur and in December if the leakage hasn't slowed down she will then need medicine to help with it. Will your child need a surgery to correct it?
    MamaMindx

Answer by MamaMindx at 12:09 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I have a heart murmur and recently seen the doctor she told me that 85% of people have one. my little sister has one worse than me she was born with her umbellical cord wrapped around her causing her heart to be on the wrong side she has 3 leaky velves and shes fine. All we have to do for procaution is take antibiotics before seeing any dentist
    mememecassie

Answer by mememecassie at 12:19 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• VSD is pretty common in babies. A lot of them heal on their own. A lot of children have no complications at all, but many of them do need to be corrected with surgery at an early age. That's all I know... good luck.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 3:25 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD)
    A heart murmur is simply a noise caused by the turbulence of blood flowing ... With a VSD, the heart may be enlarged because the right ventricle handles ...
    www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/UVAHealth/peds_cardiac/vsd.cfm
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:47 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• My daughter was born with one but it healed on its own by the time she was 1
    hollster

Answer by hollster at 4:28 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• My son had to have open heart surgery to repair for his VSD, ASD and PDA. Most hole close on their own however my son's were too large. So large that you could not hear a murmur but it was plain as day on the ECHO.

pamelaJ

Answer by pamelaJ at 2:30 AM on Jul. 24, 2008