How do I keep my cat from stealing my baby's pacifier?

My cat keeps jumping in the crib and stealing my 4 mo olds pacifier. The problem is that he chews it up and put holes in it, so I have to keep throwing them away. Any suggestions on keeping animals off of the pacifiers?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Pets

• Try one of those net things that go over the crib to keep the cat out. Its not really clean to have to have the cat in your baby's bed anyway.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 11:49 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Do you let kitty keep the old pacifier? Maybe if he has his own to play with he won't seem so interested? They do make a net kind of thing that goes over the crib, or just shut the door to baby's room and make sure kitty isn't in there! Good luck, also sound like kitty might be a little jealous of new arrival so watch it, good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:54 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• We just added our room and we have his crib in with us. But, we do not have a door yet... The joys of living in a house under construction...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Yuck the cat walks in his litter box and can spread nasty bacteria to your little one. Get that net asap.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 1:19 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I have no idea but that is hysterical!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:10 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• That is hysterical. The idea of giving him his own is a good one. But cut the bulb off. I know it won't be as fun for the cat, but it won't be as potentially lethal, either.

My boys (one Feline-American, one human) shared all kinds of stuff...they both survived.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 11:18 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• The cat is attracted to your baby's milk-breath. Keep them clean, and I would get rid of the cat, myself, but if that's not an option for you, you can either clean your LO's pacifier after each use, (with mouthwash each time, to be sure to get the whole scent off) or you can dip it in nail polish remover to fake him out, or poke a pin-hole in there and squeeze it to back up some vinegar in there... if you get a MAM one it's already got a hole in it.. that way when kitty bites into it, it'll be a nasty taste, and maybe he'll associate it with a bad taste and leave them alone.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 5:10 PM on Dec. 26, 2009