How many of you??? Christmas Question

Do not buy gifts for Christmas?? We stopped submitting to the commercialism of the holiday season about 5 years ago. We do not buy gifts for anyone. We have our friends over for dinner and drinks and have a nice family dinner on Christmas day and remember how thankful we are for what we have. We give our teen boys cash to buy what ever they want and that is it. We have no stress, no worries and no credit card bills to pay! How about you?

dillonsma

Asked by dillonsma at 12:05 PM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

• It's just too expensive these days to buy even a little something for everyone, so those who have really helped us out during the previous year get something, but we try to cut it to immediate family. Otherwise, they get a card in the mail with our 2 month old son on it.
    atowers

Answer by atowers at 12:08 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• We do gifts for the immediate family & our nephews... that's IT. Hubby and me, our son, hubby's parents, brother (who is still leaving at home) and sister (who is 13). That is IT!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 12:43 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Just my own kids and my parents. THAT'S IT!
    Anonymous

• I buy a few things, but mostly I MAKE gifts: quilts, afghans, pillows, doll clothes, wooden items, food gifts, etc. The only stress is trying to keep the things hidden from the kids. No CC, no worries.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 1:19 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• This year buying for my son is hard enough, his 1st birthday was on the 19th, and he got some toys that he is LOVING. Im so thankful for that, but Im trying to use my card to get 4 people something, and other than that im done. SO and I are doing Christmas around tax time. We wont go into debt, but we've had so much go wrong these last few months, that a big Christmas just cant happen!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 1:51 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• We stopped buying gifts for everyone also, we cant do it anymore. When we get together with the relatives, its more about some good food and the celebration of family we dropped the gift giving years ago...I was glad because my spoiled nieces and nephews used to break out in tears about the gifts I gave them, with my hard earn money, now we don't have that problem :)

I just buy necessities for my kids and husband and bake some Christmas cookies and call it good.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 2:10 PM on Dec. 21, 2009