Anyone Have A MIL That Openly Dislikes You?

My mother in law hates me, I have no idea why, I've always been nothing short of polite...until she turned into Monster-In-Law, Lol. She hasn't lived in the same state as my hubby since he ws 4 (she left him when she was chasing after some boyfriend) and has never been that involved in my life. Her speeches about she only wants the best for him would bring a tear to your eye...or vomit in the back of your throat. What are your experiences? I need to vent, lol.

metalhealthmama

Asked by metalhealthmama at 12:10 PM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• Mine have not liked me from the start lol I am wife #2 and they really didnt like wife #1 at all but they acted like they did when DH and I started dating. It has been an uphill battle our entire relationship, first i was "letting DH make a whore out of me" all because we lived together before the wedding, then I was the first to give them a grandchild they ignored the pregnancy but as soon as he arrived it was all about my son and things started to change but it was short lived. They have never lived near us so they dont see our daily life, they believe that my DH is whipped and that I run him, this is so not true. they base it on him saying things like "the wife and i will have to talk and ill let you know" because he has the decency to discuss things with me before making plans he is apparently whipped lol. Anyone who knows us knows we have a very equal marriage but i wont go against him if he feels strongly cont'd
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:49 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• my mother in law doesnt openly hate me but she hates me just the same and i know it and it hurts she has no reason but plain jealously, shes jealous that my step son picked me over her, she jealous that her son is now supporting me and our family and no longer supporting her theres lots of reasons that are conected to jealously, she has even begged and pleaded with him not to have kids with me haha i win we are actively trying to get pregnant lol it sounds to me like shes jealous because she has never had a relationship with him
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 12:26 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• My inlaws tell me openly that they had big plans for their son and I ruined everything. We have been married the better part of a decade and they still let me know that I ruined everything. My husband and me are very happy, deeply in love, and just welcomed our first child into the world. Our happiness drives them up the walls. I am always nice and pleasant to them. I wont sink down to their level.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like we have the same MIL! Except mine abandon my DH for 23 years! She is back now and a model citizen...Yuck. Ignore her as best you can and hope she leaves soon.
    Every time mine visits my DH decides that it would be great to move back to California (we live in Georgia) LOLOLO! Over my dead body.
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 12:45 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• There comes a point when you just have to say, forget it, i will live my life nad they can live theirs and maybe one day they will come around.

we all play nice for the most part but you can feel the tension and after 15 years it still has not gone away. Luckily i have a good man who stands up for me and backs me up and that is worth every stupid little thing i have to put up with when his family acts out.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:50 PM on Dec. 21, 2009