How do you not know your pregnant??

Has anyone seen that show , "I didn't know I was pregnant"? I was watching some of it the other day , and it's so baffling to me how some of these women had no clue they were pregnant.. I mean hello can't you FEEL the baby kicking and moving, wouldn't you notice your stomach getting bigger?!?! I just don't get it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 PM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i do understand certain incidices.... like if the woman was obese and her layer of fat made her not feel the baby move, but come on there were women on that show who were skinny-average and still.... "didn't know" they were pregnant..... I say bull.... they were just in deniel! and what about the lady that had 3 kids already and "didn't know" she didn't even call a damn ambulence either... her husband was away for the weekend due to work and came home... she's like "oh meet our new baby" F-in whack!
    Anonymous

• Medical conditions that cause the same symptoms as pregnancy. PCOS, menopause, amenorrhea - there are a lot of reasons someone can think their pregnancy symptoms are something else, especially if they've already been diagnosed with something that has the same symptoms and decreases the chance of ever getting pregnant. Not everybody shows or has the typical symptoms - just check the pregnancy questions section - is it normal that I haven't done this, felt that, seen this?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:41 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Yes-the kicking would be hard to miss no matter how obese a woman is because babies kick your ribs and your pelvis. I think they ARE in denial. Or they have an aversion to what goes on in the pelvis.....
    The show with the woman who was in pain all weekend and thought she had an ovarian cyst again, then had the baby alone and presented it to her husband. OMG. We all went "Whaaaaaaat?" My 12 year old granddaughters even knew that was lame and bogus. They obviously knew more about reproduction than that wacky woman. Wow. After that one,I decided not to watch ever again. I can only stand to see so much wierdness and stupidty.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 1:09 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I saw some of those and several of the women were obese and told they could never have kids. I have to say that many pregnancy symptoms do feel like gas or food poisoning. Couple that with a woman who has never had stable periods and I'm sure it can happen to some people. I think you have to be pretty out of tune w/ your body not to know, but like I said many of those women are obese so it's not like they're taking the greatest care of themselves.
    Anonymous