has anyone had a fox?

I am looking into getting a fox, anyone ever owned one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Pets

• Don't - wild animals are always wild animals and NEVER make good housepets. Leave them be and get a dog.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 1:18 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I agree. And a lot of states have laws on the books against wild animals as pets.
    Anonymous

• You need to check your state's laws... The Dept of Agriculture doles out a new list every year about what is allowed in each state. When I worked at Petsmart we had a 7 page (front and back) list of what was illegal to own in the state of Georgia. ( where I live)

Keep in mind that foxes are not domesticated at all and will have some serious issues adapting to captivity. Also, you need to be sure that you can find a vet willing to care for one as they have different needs than domesticated dogs. Their immunity will be different as well as their feeding needs. You won't be able to just plunk down a bowl of dog food for it.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:55 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Get something like a shibu inu instead this breed looks simalar to a fox. Foxes are wild animals and should be left in the wild.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 2:33 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I had a rescued injured baby fox. You don't want one as a pet. They are wild and tempermental.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:08 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Please dont get a fox. Try a Corgi instead. They look like mix between a fox and dashound. Very adorible.
    Miss_Behavin

Answer by Miss_Behavin at 12:22 AM on Dec. 26, 2009

• My mom had 2 foxes when she was young, they had saved them, but when they got older they became agressive and wanted to be in the wild!
    MummaMel

Answer by MummaMel at 9:40 PM on Feb. 21, 2010