HELP! I made peanut brittle and I cant clean that dang pan!!

How do I clean the pan after cooking peanut brittle!!

sarahdicksonjr

Asked by sarahdicksonjr at 12:32 PM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Holidays

• try soaking it in water with a bounce dryer sheet. It's supposed to help with baked on foods. Let it soak for abotu 20 minutes. Although, water alone overnight might help too.
    Anonymous

• I have a hard plastic scraper that works on the stingiest stains in the kitchen. A razor might work, too.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 1:15 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Pour Boiling water in it, and scrape it out. This may take a couple of tries, but it WILL work... I had the same thing happen the first time I made hard candy- I think we all do. next time, line your pan with waxed paper/foil and grease it well, so you won't have the cleanup.

Hard candy is made from sugar, sugar crystals dissolve in water- and the dissolution is accelerated by the use of heat. so the easiest way to get it off of something is to use heat and water.

also... if you like cashews, use cashews instead of peanuts and add a little nutmeg!!!! oh, it is soooo good!!!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:18 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• downy fabric softener
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 2:26 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I usually find that soaking it in the hottest tap water, changing the water whenever it cools enough to touch it comfortably, will do a decent job of dissolving even huge globs of caramelized sugar. You just have to be patient--expect to be changing the water every half hour for a few hours.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:27 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Vinegar and hot water. Let it soak overnight.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:51 PM on Dec. 21, 2009