Green

How many of you have started using more energy efficient things to reduce your bills?(fluroscent bulbs,efficient appliances,etc) I started washing clothes in cold water and set my thermostat at 66 degrees,and my energy bill was 30% less this month! wow!

TMJ121099

Asked by TMJ121099 at 12:38 PM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I use CFL bulbs, wash clothes in cold water, and try to use power sucking appliances during off-peak hours. The one thing I can't do is bring myself to lower my thermostat. Anything less than 70 is way too cold, and I feel pretty good for managing to have it that low.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:49 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I change the furnace filters often---unplug appliances when not in use
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 1:12 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• not all, but the lights we use most in the house have those energy efficient bulbs. i always use cold water to wash clothes unless instructions say otherwise. I make most of my cleaning products, I cloth diapered my son for a few months, and although we dont have a recycling program in this part of town I try to reuse
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:20 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• In addition to what you do, we don't eat meat, we don't use paper towels or napkins, we make our own cleaning products, we unplug appliances not in use.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:50 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Nope, not green.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:53 PM on Dec. 21, 2009