How can I get my kids to stop arguing & fighting with each other and athority figures?

2 of my kids are 8 (boy) and 10 (girl) literally fight ( arguing & hitting ) non stop, even with adults, I have had talks till im blue in the face, They have been grounded countless times, ive taken away everything imaginable, ive tried writing sentences, standing in the corner, cut out game night, spankings (not often) they missed vacation, special activitys, treats, No one can take it any more , people wont even let them come over because of it, I just dont know what to do, even when you give them fun things to do they make you wish you had hid in your room, nothing at all is working and they are really hurting each other physcialy now. I am at my whits end I have struggeld for 5 months now and they just act like they dont care. PLease help me!

haileymomof4

Asked by haileymomof4 at 12:40 PM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Personally, I'd find a family counselor. It sounds like they have issues with anger and talking to someone might help. Just my opinion...
    itsjaimiehere

Answer by itsjaimiehere at 1:53 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Family counseling before they end up in jail for hitting one of those authority figures.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:18 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Carry a water bottle with you. When they start arguing, spray them in the face. Most water bottles will shoot a stream 10 feet.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:44 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Don't engage them in the conversation. Tell them what they need to know, include what the punishment will be, then walk away. Either they do as they are told, or they get the concequence. No discussion involved. You are giving them the power over situation when you engage in thier arguing. I have the kids that age, and I do know how hard it is to not engage with them. TRUST ME on that one. My kids are so good at sucking me in. When they get rules, chores, etc from you, there should be no discussion about it. Make sure there are clear concequences for hitting too. If you have to, strip thier room of everything but a bed and pillow, and ground them to thier bedroom for the rest of any day that they hit someone.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 11:59 AM on Dec. 24, 2009