How do you play hard to get?

I have this thing going on with a friend and we've both acknowledged it, but I wanna play hard to get and have no idea how lol. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• Act like a man; pretend you don't care. I'm kidding, sort of. Keep in mind.... playing "hard to get" is pretty much playing games and some times communications can get crossed some where in the middle. So try to be cautious.
    1) Don't be too available.
    Examples: When he sends you a text, don't answer right away. Wait a half hour or so. When he asks on Wednesday what your plans are for the weekend. Tell him a few things you have to do (shopping, stopping at your moms), some thing you might do (your girlfriend wants to go see a movie, but you have a few friends going to play pool or watch a game at a local bar) then explain that you're not sure what you want to do yet. If he asks you out, don't answer him on the spot, wait a few days.

2) If things get a little physical, STOP! Making him wait is so much more fun :)

3) Always smile and have fun :) Everyone wants to be around someone that's having a good time!

Anonymous

• Yup!!! Dont call him as much. Let him do the calling. You ever see "John Tucker Must Die"? That is a perfect example.
    Anonymous

• I'll have to check that out! We usually text and then see eachother in person so I'm not texting even though I'm dying to. I hope it works. i just want to make sure it's not one sided and im orchestrating the whole thing.
    Anonymous

• I know how that can be! Its sooooo hard to overcome those urges to text and call! Hopefully it will work! Just remember that this plan can backfire, if you become too distant, he will think you arent interested. Its good to have balance, which is why that movie is such a great example of it.
    Anonymous

• Rule one: DO NOT sleep with him.
    Anonymous

• Too Late ^^^ We did twice in one weekend 2 weeks ago but havent since we're "taking it slow" after the fact lol.
    Anonymous

• I think playing hard to get is overrated so I don't do it. I do let SO know I can find another man in a heartbeat if he doesn't behave! lol

Answer by admckenzie at 1:36 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Hahaha that's kinda what I want to do with hard to get make him realize that if he doesn't make up his mind about where things are going i can be gone and with someone new before he knows it.
    Anonymous