For those of you with children & have had a m/c...

Have you gone on to have a successful pregnancy?
I am scared to move on and try again- afraid it will happen again.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• We lost our first baby (preeclampsia complications) and then I had 4 miscarriages and I HAD given up. I was not willingt o put myself through it again.....then I got pregnant and stayed pregnant, Never lose the hope that it can happen for you - I am 43! Your Dr.'s will watch you very closely if you become pregnant , It does not mean that you will not be scared the entire pregnancy but it all works out.
    HUGS!!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 12:57 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• i can't say for sure but i really think i had a miscarriage first. my then boyfriend and i had unprotected sex and then my period was about a month late. i waited until my period was like 3 weeks late before taking a test, and then it was negative. my periods are pretty regular so i'm pretty sure i had an early miscarriage. then i got pregnant about a year and a half later, same guy but my husband by then ;) and i had a perfectly normal, healthy pregnancy and baby. gl! everyone is so scared of miscarriage BUT especially if they've experienced one before. try to stay positive and i hope you don't have to go through that again.
    Anonymous

• I had three early M/C between my DD's I almost gave up but I'm glad I didn't because I have a beautiful little 7 month old that I would not have had I given up. GL and keep trying
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 1:06 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• i should have said that we were not trying to get pregnant in that year and a half so it's not that it took us a long time to get pregnant. actually we almost always used condoms. but we didn't those 2 times!
    Anonymous

• Yes, I lost the pregnancy inbetween my children, very early on. I got pregnant a few months later with my youngest and had a healthy baby.
    Anonymous

• I have had 3 miscarriages. All after my first. My fifth pregnancy finally became a success. I got pregnant right after my fourth miscarriage. I think that the progesterone i had during the fourth one was a huge help in me keeping this last one. We actually did not plan on trying again.. it was a crazy awesome surprise.

Its hard to move on and always scary to try again, especially knowing it too could fail. But, I began to realize that it was for good reason. Something jusy wasnt right with those babies that i lost. I am totally accepting of that and I am no longer sad at all about those losses.

My losses sure did make me even more grateful for my first baby...
    Anonymous

• i had i miscarriage before i had my daighter, and another before this pregnancy, i am currently 10 weeks, which is further than i made it w either miscarriage.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 4:52 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• BUMP
    Anonymous

• I miscarried in 2005 very early in my pregnancy, and then got pregnant as soon as we started trying in Dec. 2007, and carried him to term. I have a healthy 16 month old now! It will happen, just give yourself some time to grieve your loss.
    I can understand your fear, but try not to let it consume you, and don't let it hold you back from trying again. About 1/4 of pregnancies end in miscarriage (often before the mom knows she's pregnant, so she just assumes it's a late period). It just meant that that baby wasn't health and viable, but that has no impact on whether another baby would be healthy. Just try to get yourself healthy and prepare your body for a healthy pregnancy.
    Best of luck to you!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:36 AM on Dec. 22, 2009