What would you do celebrating an 18 yrs. old girl???

Hello I'd like to get some ideas from you ladies on this my sd is coming down to visit and she said she'll be here a week (usually she is here for 3 days tops) so when she said she was staying longer I was like...Great! I want to make this week as special as can be... especially on her B/day 12/24/09 she will be 18 yrs. old, so her birthday and christmas 2 seperate celebrations of course... I want to do something I just don't know where to begin.
From making breakfast? (her specialties) dinner? or whatever you girls think of what I should do this week will be her week. (we don't see her as often as we'd like that is why I would like to go all out) I am sure she is celebrating elsewhere with her mom and her family which is cool, but our time is our time...so please anything would be appreciated. (It doesn't have to be about alot of money either) If possible. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• Maybe have a girls day out- Get a manicure/pedicure, go to lunch, catch an afternoon movie, etc. Ask her what she likes or wants to do to make sure it is something that she would enjoy.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:00 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I think it would be wonderful to make her breakfast in bed or nice breakfast with the family. AND I have a WONDERFUL receipe, cheap, easy and so wonderful taste great! If you want it let me know. She will love it trust me! But during the day I would spend all day with her, make it her day. Its her 18th birthday so she is prob looking for more independence, Iknow she doesnt live with you. But maybe lighten up on talks. and Try to talk to her more as an adult conversations. Go shopping with her, the local mall. You dont have to spend tons of money. Just maybe give her 40$ to shop with get her some clothes. which she will love. and Dinner, ask her whats her favorite meal and you can make it. :)
    Armywifelovely

Answer by Armywifelovely at 1:04 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I think the pampering girls day out is a great idea. Also, since she is 18 now, if there is the lottery in your state, buy her a scratch ticket. A new outfit would be cool too.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 1:09 PM on Dec. 21, 2009