Any electric help I may not know about?

So my husband hasn't been working much. The last couple of months he's been working when the company needed him. Well it's been a few hours a week, just enough to get us by, but now he hasn't been working at all going on 3 weeks and we thought 2 weeks ago he was supposed to work and get enough to pay the electric bill. Well that job got cancelled and was supposed to be last Wednesday. We got a call Tuesday evening saying it had been cancelled again! Ugh so now we don't know how we are going to pay the darn bill. We got the new bill in too and its due on the 27th. I hope something falls into our laps or our lights will be out this weekend. I'm gonna try and have it extended again, but I don't think they will let us:( Please pray that he gets called in to work! Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

• Have you applied for LIHEAP? It sounds like you'd qualify... =)
    itsjaimiehere

Answer by itsjaimiehere at 1:24 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Look into St. Vincent de Paul they help on a lot causes. 

Anonymous

• I've called and they don't have the funds.
    Anonymous

• Just called the Catholic Church and no answer. I left a message though. Thanks!
    Anonymous

• Okay so I called the salvation army, no answer, St. Johns, no answer, LIHEAP no funds. Why is it so hard to get help!!! Dear Lord, please call dh in for work. We really need our electric to stay on:( Amen.
    Anonymous

• You may need to pawn or sell something. I've been there.
    Anonymous

• I don't have anything worth anything..lol..if I did I would. We do have a bunch of dvds we don't watch. Do they take those?
    Anonymous

• I hear that in some states that by law they can't cut off your power if you have little ones. Check to see about that with the power company.
    Anonymous

• What state do you live in?
    Anonymous

• I would call the power company and work something out. I know in OUR area the power company will offer special programs for those who can't afford it sometimes...especially in the winter. They may even offer outright assistance programs, so I would definitely give them a call, tell them ur entire situation, and let them know that you aren't just NOT paying. Our power company is usually very helpful in these cases. Otherwise...maybe a title loan? Of course, if you weren't sure you'd get the money within a few weeks...you lose ur car. I will say a prayer for you!
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 2:37 PM on Dec. 21, 2009