Why does my husband think that when he gets home from work I should be all done too?

I am a SAHM. I clean all day, wash and put away laundry, run errands, cook lunch and dinner and take care of the baby. Then pick up kids from school and do homework with them. My husband thinks that when he gets home from work I should be all done with everything! WTH is he thinking? The day is not long enough to do all I have to do. He wants me to sit and cuddle with him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I understand where you're coming from, but maybe you should be thankful that your hubby wants to cuddle with you... He could be like "Go finish the dishes, woman!" LOL
    itsjaimiehere

Answer by itsjaimiehere at 1:59 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Boys are stoo-pid. Mine still thinks that the Laundry Fairy provides his clean clothes, along with the Garbage-taker-out Fairy....
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 2:04 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I'm sooo spoiled. My DH had a 1/2 day today, he brought home breakfast fixings and cooked us all a late over indulgent breakfast.

Anonymous

• Yup ,i'm a stay @ home mom too.There is NOT enuff time in the day for us! I try to do the best I can through out the day and stay balanced and it's not easy at all and sometimes someone gets a raw deal.I would just try to talk WITH him at a good time to let him know how you feel.He may want to just spend quallity time with you and he didn't know how to say it? Mine has momments when he's not sure how to say something and it comes out wrong, I notice it ,he doesn't.He may miss you, thats sweet and a compliment, I think.Sometimes I'll stop whatever I'm doing , grab his face look him in the eyes and say," I Love You', and give him a kiss. Or I'll take a break to sit with him a minute and ask him about his day.He has bad days too.I hope I helped a bit, happy holidays!
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 2:08 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• It sounds like he is trying to tell you he wants more time with you, thats not a bad thing. As long as he understands your not super woman and some things will get put off till the next day then go ahead and spend sometime with your hubby. You married him because you wanted to be with him, I think sometimes we get so busy we forget how important 30 minutes of cuddling with our guys is, it is much more important then the dishes being put in the dishwaser right after dinner.

It sounds like you do what many of us SAHM's do, put too much pressure on yourself to get it all done and fit it all in to one day, maybe he is trying to say hey take a break and relax with me :) It took my husband forcing me to sit and listen to him tell me that i did not have to be supermom or superwife that it was okay to take time for myself and our relationship that our world would not come crashing down if i took a night off once in a while.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:35 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• At least he wants to cuddle and doesnt just come home and fall asleep after dinner ignoring you and the kids.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:28 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Do what you can while he's at work and then cuddle with him in the evening. Motherhood and keeping house does not have to be a 24/7 job all the time. Sometimes, yes, but not all the time.

Remember you are his wife as well as everything else you do. If you don't take time to be his wife, you will end up one of those women who feels like your husband only sees you as the housewife.
    Anonymous

• Maybe you should try leaving the baby with your hubby for a full day sometime and see how much he can get done!! =) For some reason they don't know what all you do all day and how hard it is to be a SAHM, but if he can experience it first hand maybe it will help him appreciate it!

Desiree
    www.workathomeunited.com/dkm
    To request information on how to earn an income from home!
    lovinglife1127

Answer by lovinglife1127 at 3:45 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• It is important to diffuse together at the end of the day! I'm sure he just wants to be able to recap his day w/ you and relax for a minute. DH and I both work full-time. When I get home after picking up my daughter, we try to sit and talk about our day, even if it's while we're doing other things, like making dinner or bathing her. It's important to connect after a full day apart! Be glad that he wants to do this with you.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 5:04 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• aww cry.. your life seems tooo hard. *rolling eyes*
    Anonymous