What is the nicest thing that someone has done for you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• There are so many times in my life that people have been very kind it would take alot of space to put it all on here. The one that really sticks out in my mind and has stayed wth me is when we had our house fire, it was Feb 13th and I felt like my whole world had come crashing down. The next morning i sent my oldest to school, i knew that routine would be important and i didnt want him to have to go with us to the house (my other two had been sent to stay with friends) there was a valentines party and i just felt it would be a good place for him to be after the fire. When DH and I showed up to pick our son up from school all the staff was waiting with him, they had all gone in together to replace his xmas gift a PS2 with a gift card for a game, my DH cried at the kindness and i was overwhelmed, ill never forget it. I guess they had asked my son what he lost and they ran to the store to replace it. my kids had lost everything.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:54 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I was stranded and someone gave me $20 to put gas in my car :o)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:27 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• My 1st daughter has a lot of medical problems. When she was about 2 years old and still struggling a lot someone got wind of what was going on with her and how many times she was in the hospital.. Well this one lady *who was a complete stranger* bought me a gift certificate for me to have a facial done. I cried so much when I received this gift. It made me smile through all the hard times we have been going through..
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 2:31 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Aww ali that is so sweet.
    Anonymous

• WE also had a large gourp friends and just people we sort of knew show up to help us clean up the mess and dig for what we could save, it was freezing cold, but they all stuck it out and helped, another friend hooked up lights so we could work and they all donated items to help us , some did laundry for what little clothes we could save, and others made sure we had food and bedding a new highchair, so many things you rely on daily. My work paid for a week of our hotel stay and my boss and his wife personally paid for 3 nights in addition to that, otherwise we would have been homeless with no where to go, we have no family nearby. everytime i think back to that fire it hurts but then i think of all the people who were so kind and helped us and I think how lucky i am to know such good people.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:57 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• A few months ago, we were in a very bad financial situation. I mean, we're talking, $5 in the bank and a week and a half until payday. Long story how that happened, but anyway...We didn't know what we were going to do and we didn't even tell anyone that we were in a mess, but we prayed about it and somehow I knew God would take care of us. That night, when we were leaving church, there was an envelope on the table with our names on it, and inside was $250!! No name, no note, just the money. I cried for about 20 minutes after I saw it. To this day, we still have no idea who gave us the money.Since then, we've been able to get back on our feet, and even were able to help out someone else recently. I believe if God blesses you, then you should pass along the blessings!

3ringcircus and ali, those are both wonderful stories!! I got goosebumps!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 2:59 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• My ex and I were very poor for our DD's first xmas. Even though we weren't terribly religious the church she was baptised in heard about it and came by with a check for $300 for us to get a tree and presents. I've never been so grateful. 3 months later when my ex got a small insurance settlement we made sure the VERY first thing we did was cut a check to the church. We dropped it off and told the deacon how much it meant to us and to please pass the money on to another needy family the next christmas. He actually cried and said it was the first time anyone had ever paid it back like that. That kind of made me sad. :(
    Anonymous

• aww these stories are so heartwarming around the holidays.:)
    Anonymous

• Many things. Most recently my sister and her husband went behind my back and bought me a new oven because mine died. I just got a call last yr day before Thanks Giving from our local appliance store. They asked for me, said they had a stove purchased in my name and wanted to set up delivery. I said that is nice, but I did not purchase a stove. She said no its paid for anon we just need to deliver it. I kept at the poor girl until she told me who it was that bought it.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 5:33 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• 2 winters ago a guy drove up on a 4 wheeler and plowed my drive way, I was 8 months pregnant and there was about 4 feet of snow I was doing by shovel alone in below 0 weather. He wouldn't take any money but he did take a cup of coffee.
    vballaj

Answer by vballaj at 8:57 PM on Dec. 21, 2009