What's a good gift for my boyfriend's 12 yr old son?

I was thinking a $10 gift card to Starbucks, but I know he never goes with us, and I don't know how his mom would feel about it. So, $10 is my limit............. then we went into Hollister and I saw some body spray for like $9 or some cologne for like $12, I wouldn't mind doing $12.... so any other ideas?

TXColter

Asked by TXColter at 2:29 PM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• i could be wrong but i dont know what a 12 yr old boy would do with cologne or a gift card to starbucks.. thats kind of wierd. 12 yr old boys usually like video games, movies, bebe guns, slingshots.. things like that. & i dont know what your gonna get him with 10 bucks either. i would say your probably gonna need at least 20.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:31 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I got my 13y/o step son the Axe body spray gift set from Walmart....he has been begging for it! I also got him a new shirt and McDonald's gift card. Hope this helps!
    MaximusMommy

Answer by MaximusMommy at 2:32 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• seriouly purpulbutterfly? then why did you even answer? Am I gonna pull another 10 bucks out of my butt?
    Thanks Maximus, he has all kinds of bottles of AXE and TAG in his room(and he's 12, he doesn't like to bathe too often! LOL), I was thinking of just stepping it up a bit by going to Hollister and his dad bought him a shirt there cuz that is what he asked for. His dad doesn't want him to eat too much fast food, so I 'm not even gonna go there! And he is the kind of kid that gets everything he wants thru out the yr, his dad went from making like $75k a yr to working part time at Dominos, so money has been tight for us and we have other family members to think about, so..... I really did think that $10 could be spent thoughtfully, then old Grinch(first reply) had to go and make me feel bad for not being able to spend more :(
    TXColter

Answer by TXColter at 2:44 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• if he likes to read, how about a book. I bought my 14yo a book a few weeks ago, you wouldve thought that i bought her a car.
    Anonymous

• Actually, my son at 12 loved the axe body sprays. The Hollister one is a good idea. You could probably get a T-shirt for around $10 at Aeropostale, they have good sales. Or an i-tunes gift card or a gamestop gift card. Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:58 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• If you get a book - my son LOVED "the Outsiders" at that age. And he is not a reader. Also, the "Guinness Book of World Records" book is good, lots of gross stuff in there.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:00 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• books and i-tunes both very good thoughts!!! Plot thickens.......... now I have a decision to make!
    TXColter

Answer by TXColter at 3:01 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• i saw a monopoly game for $12, puzzles are great and inexpensive too.
    Anonymous

• oh snap, totally forgot about the itunes. my 14yo just said YES!!! $10 worth of music is the best gift ever!!!!!
    Anonymous

• she just told me that the itunes is for ipods, if he has another mp3 player that maybe you can get him a $10gift card, like american express gift card and that way he can get the songs off of amazon.com or walmart.com
    Anonymous