Baby at 36 weeks

Has anyone had their baby at 36wks? Was the baby okay? Anything wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had my daughter at 36 weeks. I was induced because of my pre eclampsia. She was 5 lbs. 10 oz. very healthy when she was born. She didn't need a ventilator or anything of the sort. She did take a while to cry, but was okay. 1 month after she was born is when she started having a lot of health problems, but we can't say that any of it is due to when she was born!!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 2:33 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Oh yes, and she did have lack of oxygen and blood flow, but we aren't sure either if that was due to her birth, or while she was still in me, or due to her having high blood pressure..!! She has PVL
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 2:34 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• i had my son at 34 weeks. my water broke & i didnt have him for another 60 hrs because they were giving me steroids for his lungs, so he did have ecoli but for that he took anti biotics for 5 days & it was gone. he had jawndice also. i had a csection, he was 5.5 - and now hes perfectly healthy & right on target.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:36 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I had twins at 36 weeks and although they were little munchkins they were never on oxygen. Other than being a bit weak, my daughter never needed anything more than to grow a bit more. My son was smaller and needed to be tube fed a bit till his suck reflex kicked in. He also got an infection but that was from the hospital, not something he was born with. They did have to be in the NICU but that was twins.... Relax mama...you can only keep em in there so long sometimes :)
    sgtdemanda

Answer by sgtdemanda at 2:38 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I had my youngest at 36 weeks. I went into labor early Feb 14 and 18 hours later had a healthy littl girl.
    Anonymous

• I had mine at 24 weeks and he was fine, so yours will be too!
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 3:48 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• wow.. well 24 weeks is not usually a great time to be having a baby... either is 36, thought most times a baby at 36 weeks should be ok. I would definetly not be inducing or trying to have a baby at that time... there is a reason nature makes it 40 weeks.
    Anonymous

• my niece was born at 36 weeks and was totally fine. my friend had her twins at 36 weeks also and they were both perfectly healthy.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 4:57 PM on Dec. 21, 2009