Question about external hard drives

I am looking for an external hard drive. I have Window's Vista. I am a photographer and need an external hard drive to store photos on. The photos I have on here are really slowing up my computer. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good one that is around 100 dollars? Thank you.

SophiaofLight

Asked by SophiaofLight at 2:39 PM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Technology

• Transfering them to a CD isn't the same as an external hard drive. You can't transfer them off of the CD, edit them once on the CD, etc. They're on there only for viewing purpose. With an External she can add, remove, edit, etc without any trouble.

My husband would be the perfect person to ask this question, but unfortunately he's at work. Therefore, I'll direct you to the website that he shops at for all of his computer part needs. Newegg.com - He goes there for everything. Check out the reviews, because the customers will be honest about what they thought of the product. You will most likley need a large capacity, due to you being a photographer.

By the way .. Do you own your own studio, are you freelance, or just starting out? I LOVE photography and aspire to be a photographer myself one day. Slow going. Haha
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:02 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Why don't you just trasfer them to a cd!?
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 2:56 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I have a Maxtor and love it.
    Anonymous

• Jazzlike, thank you so much for your answer. I will check out the site. I've always like to take photos but have only really gotten into it the last couple of years. I got a new camera for Christmas last year and then I really got interested in it and have gotten much better. I just love photography. I have entered contests and I want to freelance. Don't think I would want the responsibility of a studio. I like to do nature and animal pics.

Will also check out the Maxtor

Thank you so much for the answers ladies, I am totally stupid when it comes to hardware LOL.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 3:23 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• cnet is usually where I go for tech reviews.

andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 5:35 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I have the one they sell at walmart. 8 gb and was only $30. I have a ton of stuff on it.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:42 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Good question because I have asked my son to get me one for the last year. Guess I better shop for my own.
    DogsMom

Answer by DogsMom at 12:45 PM on Dec. 24, 2009